• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duff
    Established Member
    • Apr 2007
    • San Antonio, TX
    • Enco 12" RT

Fence looks like it reads Craftsman Professional... I haven't seen that one anywhere. looks solid!
    Enco 12" RT table saw(with router table currently added to right wing), Central Machinary 6" jointer, Delta 16" (17-900) drill press, Ridgid 14" bandsaw, Jet bench top Mortising machine, Porter Cable 6901 series routers (2) and a wide variety of Ryobi 18v tools.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Originally posted by Duff
      Fence looks like it reads Craftsman Professional... I haven't seen that one anywhere. looks solid!
      That fence was on closeout a little over a year ago at $22. They were quite popular (then, not precloseout), and you used to see them on the bay. (haven't seen, or looked in a while)
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2006
        • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
        • BT3100

Awesome!

my god, that is one beautiful table! very nicely built and that fence sure does look really sturdy. where did you get it from?

i notice you didnt put a slot in front of the router hole paralell to the fence for sliding a guide/jig that would hold your piece while routing?

regards,

Comment

• GPA61
          • Sep 2004
          • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
          • BT 3100 & JET JWTS

Thank you guys for all your nice compliments. Also, thank you for all the advice on the finish for the top.

Tim, I guess your question has been answered. It is a Craftsman Professional. I purchased one on closeout and never used it so I sold it to one of the forum members. So when I decided to build this table I had to go find another one. I got this one on e-bay.

Also got the plate on e-bay. This one is 3/8x11x13 aluminum. No,it does not have any crown on it, it has a sag in the middle (bowl). Not the quality plate I was looking for. But I needed a large plate to accommodate the size of the router, the handles aren't removable. It was actually a little twisted and I had it straightened at work.

About a miter gauge slot, I guess one can be cut if I ever need one.

Thanks again. I'm going to go finish the top.
          Claudio

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

Very nice. Agree with poly. If using wipe on I might use a few more coats, maybe 5-6 since the build is about half of straight poly.

Comment

• wareagle
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2006

Great Job!

Really nice work.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Morning Claudio...

Well done Claudio... about everything in my shop is home-brewed and built from mostly scrap and left-overs. And it has served me well I may add as you don't have to compromise on someone's else design that is not exactly as "you" want it.

If I could have made the suggestion before you added the tracks, etc... I would have suggested to use formica or laminate (or whatever they call it now.. ) on the top and coat everything else in 3 coats of poly. Since the issue has already been decided.. I will join the others that suggested 3 coats of un-cut poly.

Again... nice job!

Comment

• JWS

Excellent work Claudio!!!

John

Comment

Working...