• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

You have a natural talent, Hosh. Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring.

Welcome,
    Chiz
    Blessings,
    Chiz

Comment

• Tom H
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2006

That's absolutely beautiful. I've got to think you're being very modest when you say you are pleased...you have got a showroom quality piece there.

Tom

Comment

• Hoyden
        Established Member
        • Jan 2005
        • Twin Falls, ID, USA.

Excellent peice, You have evey right to be pleased.
        PawPaw

Comment

• Hosh
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006
          • Calgary, Alberta
          • Craftsman (BT3 version)

Originally posted by Hoakie
          Very nice. The LOML demands one. I told her I would need to work up to it so I'll buy the plan and wait until I feel a bit more qualified to tackle this.

Could you please post the exact problem with the plans with the correct dimension?

Thank in advance

John
          Hi John,

If you check the dimensions of the back rail plus the stiles, and the front rails, the measurements between the legs, both front and back, is exactly 56". If you look at the printed dimensions of the seat, 22 1/4" x 58 3/4", and then look at the diagram where is says to make a 2 1/2 cut for the legs. If you take 2 1/2 inches off each end of the seat, then the remaining length between the leg cutouts would be 53 3/4"! That's 2 1/4" too short! Plus, the seat would then extend 1/2" past the outside edge of the legs. If you look at the pictures, it does not do this. So the depth of the cut in the seat for the legs should only be 1 3/8" not 2 1/2". The overall dimensions for the seat are correct, it's just that depth of cut for the legs that is wrong. I didn't make the cuts for the legs until I had finished the base, which is how I discovered the mistake.

Hosh

Comment

Working...