Clear All
  • lrr
    Established Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Fort Collins, Colorado
    • Ryobi BT-3100

Originally posted by AJ Alcatraz
    Hi All,

I have been lurking around since I purchased my BT3100 a while ago. Finally I have had some time to build something rather than make wonderful piles of dust. It feels good finally get a decent build under my belt. Granted I still have a ton to learn, but it still feels good to be able to make something useful.

Tell me what you think.

AJ
    Nice job! I too am really just starting my first project using the BT3100. I got mine a few years ago, but most of my woodworking in the past couple years has been remodeling some rooms of our house. So the table saw has mostly been used for ripping lumber, or cutting plywood or beaded board. I have a 30 year old Craftsman radial arm saw I just rebuilt, and it has been tasked now to do all my crosscutting, other than miter work on a new Ridgid miter saw that replaced a low-end Delta model. (A RAS is a great machine, especially the old ones with a solid cast iron column -- great accuracy if set up carefully. For years it was my only power saw. Awhile ago I cut about 8 dadoes on long ends of a bookcase for shelves, and I cannot imagine doing that using any other method, saw or router. I've grown accustomed to having all three saws!)

Anyway, we finally took a break from remodeling, and I am building my daughter a corner china cabinet. The BT3100 has been amazing for cutting bevels, kerf cuts in the bevels, and more. And I finally used the slding miter table for the first time. WOW! I'll post some pictures when I am further along.

Lee
    Lee

Comment

• lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

Darn good job. I think the wife is correct about painting it though although not cause it doesn't look great the way it is but it would put a good hard slick surface just right for sitting on with an expensive dress or pair of good slacks. Anyway I really like the design.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• GeekMom
        • Dec 2004
        • Bonney Lake, WA.
        • Shopsmith Mark V

Nice design and good work!
        Karen
        <><

Comment

• Wood_workur
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2005
          • Ohio
          • Ryobi bt3100-1

nice work.
          Alex

Comment

• bigstick509
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Macomb, MI, USA.
            • BT3100

Very Nice

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...