Clear All
  • Turaj
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    • BT3000 (1998)

Nice work Rick. The bench looks great!
    Turaj (in Toronto)
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• rickd
      Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Cowichan Bay, 30 mi. north of Victoria, B.C., Canada.
      • Ryobi BT3100

thanks to all of you for the nice comments and your suggestions on finishing. well, i've pretty much decided against any kind of 'color' stain on the bench - i want to try and keep it as natural as i can. i kind of like the idea of just using an 'oil' stain assome suggested, i.e. cabot.

the loml and i are going to be going on vacation for the next 10 days or so. we are going to be driving down into the states and going thru washington, oregon, northern california, nevada, utah, wyoming, idaho and montana before heading back to the coast and catching the ferry back to vancouver island. we are going to be staying off the interstates and taking secondary highways instead - we did this last year and really enjoyed going thru the smaller towns all along the way.

so, i'll probably get a chance to drop in and see a few woodworking stores along the way while my better half is off in some mall! in the meantime, i'm going to put off any final decison on how to finish the bench until i get back from vacation.

thanks again.
      Last edited by rickd; 07-13-2006, 11:24 PM.
      rick doyle

Rick's Woodworking Website

Comment

• RonT
        Forum Newbie
        • Jun 2006
        • Florida
        • Old Craftsman

Nice work Rick.

In another forum (FWW) I asked the same question of Red Cedar. General consensus was that it would be fine left to age with the exception of protecting end grain from moisture to prevent rot.

Comment

• charliex
          • Mar 2004
          • Spring Valley, MN, USA.
          • Sears equivelent BT3100-1

Good looking bench Rick. Have a good vacation.

Comment

Working...