• Show
Clear All
  • Dedpedal
    Established Member
    • Feb 2020
    • Palm Coast Florida
    • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Couple of safety upgrades.

Well, as my first and favorite BT3000 came as bare bones and worn out as could be ,it didn’t have the miter slots or safety cover for the blade. I’d been hem hawing around about a Shark Gaurd for a while so I made my own riving knife from a cover bracket that didn’t have a cover. It looks good to me, now to try it out.
    I also made a couple of multi purpose stops for my cross cut sled. They can also be used to hold down longer pieces. When I make another sled after this one I’ll be able to take these with me.
    On another note I helped a new woodworker into the BT fold and found her this one for $50. It needs some tlc but when we tune it up I’m sure it will serve her well for years to come. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2416.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	857685 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2417.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	857686
  • jlhumbert
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2015
    • Palatka, FL
    • Ryobi BT3000

Looks good! I made my own riving knife too. Cut mine out of aluminum. Sure feels safer to operate the saw now!

Comment

• Dedpedal
      Dedpedal commented
      Editing a comment
      I might celebrate with Corky Bells!
  • Black walnut
    Administrator
    • Aug 2015
    • BT3K

The Shark Guard will prove to be a worthwhile purchase if it ever saves an injury. Prior to having Lee make one for me I cut down the riving knife that came with my saw. Everyone should make their own decisions as to risk/reward and value.

Hoping that you invited the "new woodworker" to our forum.
    just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• Dedpedal
      Dedpedal commented
      Editing a comment
      I did! Today we are going to clean hers up and possibly my new one as well. As 90% of my cuts are on a sled, I have procrastinated but when I got this bracket/ knife in a buy I finally did it. I hope we are up to date on tetanus shots. lol.
Working...