• Show
Clear All
  • ballard770
    Established Member
    • Jan 2016
    • Washington State
    • Ryobi BT3000

Broken lock lever on accessory table

Does anyone have a solution for a broken lever (black plastic?) that locks a bt3k accessory table to the front rail?

I had someone contact me asking if I had such a part and unfortunately I don’t without removing it from a serviceable accessory table, in effect putting my table in an unusable condition. I checked several parts sources and the lever is not available.

it may be possible to remove the lever and perhaps other parts and replace them with a screw, nut, etc to do the same function but it appears that it would have to be left hand threads unless the locking bar could be rotated to work with RH threads.

Lee
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I don't recall this specific part, and don't have a BT3 any more. Is this one of those levers on a bolt type of things?

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

If this were my situation, I'd contact the nearest Ryobi Authorized Service Center and have them order the part for me. The Ryobi web site can provide you with a look up function for service centers. I ordered a Ryobi part for the riding mower on 08/09/18 from the service center and it was ready for pickup the next day. That's pretty fast and it might take longer for something as old as a BT3K part.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• ballard770
        Established Member
        • Jan 2016
        • Washington State
        • Ryobi BT3000

I found a source for the locking handle on the bt3k accessory table. It is a seller on eBay who is also on this forum - Larpower1. I provided contact info to the guy with the broken lock handle so he can get his part.

I still think that the handle can be replaced by a screw or nut and adjusted wi5h. A nut driver or socket wrench but that is another venture to be put on the bottom of a long list as repl@cement parts are available.

Comment

Working...