X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cody1993
    Handtools only
    • Aug 2017

BT3000 blade won't tilt

i bought a bt3000 today and the blade height adjustment is very smooth however the blade will not bevel. I attempted to un assemble the tilt piece and it still is not working? Does anyone know how to correct this issue? Thank you
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

If it won't tilt but does raise and lower OK, then it is "probably" in the mechanism. I can't imagine that the previous owner removed the bevel "gears", but that did come to mind. Below is a link to a thread that that deals with another aspect of bevel problems - namely controlling the bevel set. It might help. If some things are in the wrong orientation, then you could have your problem. It does seem like the previous owner may have tried to adjust it and didn't know what he was doing.

http://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/dis...ted-and-solved

Read all the way to the end. It was about half way through that I actually discovered the specific problem.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• mpc
      • Feb 2005
      • Cypress, CA, USA.
      • BT3000 orig 13amp model

Can we have a few more details on what your saw does when you try adjusting the bevel? For example, when moving the lever to the left (to switch to bevel adjust mode) how far does the lever go? What does the main adjustment handle do - is the blade still going up/down instead of tilting, does the handle wheel just spin uselessly, or does it feel jammed?

Switching to bevel adjust is a "sequence" of sorts in the saw mechanicals... just trying to see where in the process your saw is struggling. Many times it's simply the lever isn't moved far enough to the left to engage a final piece of the sequence. On my saw, the lever takes a bit of force to "break free" from the normal height adjust position, then it's fairly easily moved (as if it's not connected to anything) for much of the clockwise rotation, then in the final inch or two of travel I can finally feel it doing something. If I don't get it all the way to the left, the main handle wheel does nothing.

mpc

Comment

• Cody1993
        Handtools only
        • Aug 2017

The problem is the spring that sits between the tilt gear and shaft to adjust the height. It was all bent up, I removed it and the bevel works smooth and there's a little play in the height adjustment. Where can I get a replacement one and what's the procedure for replacing this spring? I removed it with wire cutters, because the pin was hung up on it. Thank you again!!

Comment

• Cody1993
          Handtools only
          • Aug 2017

I have a picture but it won't let me send it. It says unauthorized for attachments

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Cody, I got your message. What you need is a new spring.

I have some ebay links below

Whole set http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-Adjust...UAAOSw~XpZVN7b

This one looks to be the best for your situation -> Spring only: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryobi-Spring...MAAOSww3tY3dYi

spring and parts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryobi-BT3000...QAAOSwe7BWw-Rc
            Hank Lee

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Cody, I think your posts must be approved until you reach either 3 or 5 posts and then it will show up automatically.
              Hank Lee

Comment

• Cody1993
                Handtools only
                • Aug 2017

Hello Hank, thank you for the reply I'm ordering the part now. How do I replace it? Thank you again for all your help!

Comment

Working...