• Show
Clear All
  • Wildwillis
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2013
    • Syracuse, NY
    • Craftsman 21829

Wanted: 21829 Accessory Table

Subject pretty much says it all. I was thinking about adding some miter slots to my 21829 since there's no adjustment to square the slots on the accessory table to the blade. I'd never actually measured mine however because I didn't have a dial indicator.

I recently ordered the iGaging Digialign one which has a bar to slide in a miter slot however. I like it a lot. Amongst using it for some other things, I checked the slots in my accessory table and found the to be very square to the blade. One stays within 1 to 2 thousandths the entire length of the table. The other apparently isn't completely straight as its also within 1-2 thousandths for about the front half of the table and again towards the rear, but there's a spot where it gets 7 thousandths closer to the blade around the rear half of the blade. I'm thinking a longer miter slider would probably alleviate that a bit though (and I don't really need to use that one).

Thought I'd see if I'd get lucky here and find someone who has an accessory table they're willing to part with. If not I can still make one. I'd like to add another miter channel with with the t-slot at the bottom so that rules out the Ryobi dual-slot add-on.

Thanks in advance!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

A word of warning about the 21829 accessory table slots.
    They're really only supposed to be good for using with the router mounted to the accessory table.
    They make poor miter slots for sawing. That is because the accessory table only clamps at the front. It requires some extra dohickeys to clamp to the rear rail, so unless its clamped both ends, it can swing a bit, moving the distance and parallelism between the slots and the blade! BAD NEWS when it moves.

It works OK for the router because the router is mounted to the plate which is integral to the slots so there's no relative movement even if the accessory table moves around a bit.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 04-06-2016, 01:04 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Wildwillis
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2013
      • Syracuse, NY
      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      A word of warning about the 21829 accessory table slots.
      They're really only supposed to be good for using with the router mounted to the accessory table.
      They make poor miter slots for sawing. That is because the accessory table only clamps at the front. It requires some extra dohickeys to clamp to the rear rail, so unless its clamped both ends, it can swing a bit, moving the distance and parallelism between the slots and the blade! BAD NEWS when it moves.

It works OK for the router because the router is mounted to the plate which is integral to the slots so there's no relative movement even if the accessory table moves around a bit.
      Thanks for the info. I hadn't really thought about that but I do have that clamp for my current table. Maybe my best bet is just making a table insert with a slot or two for one side of the blade and utilizing my current accessory table (with the clamp in place) if I want a slot on the other side for a sled (or whatever else).

Thanks again for the info!

Comment

• kshoemaker
        Yet to be determined
        • Aug 2005
        • Grayslake, IL.

Parting out my BT3

Originally posted by Wildwillis
        Thanks for the info. I hadn't really thought about that but I do have that clamp for my current table. Maybe my best bet is just making a table insert with a slot or two for one side of the blade and utilizing my current accessory table (with the clamp in place) if I want a slot on the other side for a sled (or whatever else).

Thanks again for the info!

I just replaced my BT3 and will be selling her parts. I've got the left side miter slot and the accessory table. Let me know if you're interested.
        Shoey

Comment

• Wildwillis
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2013
          • Syracuse, NY
          • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by kshoemaker
          I just replaced my BT3 and will be selling her parts. I've got the left side miter slot and the accessory table. Let me know if you're interested.
          Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking I'd rather add some miter slots with the t-slot but that's tempting. Let me know of what you'd like for them. Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks again!

Comment

• Paula
            Handtools only
            • Mar 2017

Do you know where to get the t-slot accessory table? I am looking for one also.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Paula
              Do you know where to get the t-slot accessory table? I am looking for one also.
              There's no "T-slot" miter stuff made for the BT3. The miter slot table and the 21829 auxiliary table both just have straight slots.

If you want T-slots you'll have to make your own using T-slots track in miter slot width from Incra or other supplier.
              Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-12-2017, 03:58 AM.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2007
                • Buena Park, CA
                • CM 21829

hi Paula, if it is the miter slot accessory table you're really looking for, I try eBay - they always seem to have one for sale out there. Look up BT 3100 and you should find a bunch of accessories. Good luck!
                Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Working...