Hi Dick. Welcome to BT3Central. I am not sure what you are asking. Are you looking to convert the BT3K sliding miter table to use with a shopsmith? If that is the case I am not aware of anyone doing so.
I recalled seeing something done once with a Shopsmith and the BT3 rails and table surfaces. A combination of Google and BT3Cental searches yielded the following:
Doesn't a Shopsmith blade remain vertical and the table tilts? This could present a whole bunch of challenges! This also means it has to remain on the Shopsmith, or do they have another way of driving it?
capncarl
Rob I followed the link and could find no mention of using the Ryobi SMT and rails with a Shopsmith. I'm thinking it could be done but I think it would be far from ideal.
Post 17 of that thread ( worknhard on 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM) had some pictures of a shops it modified with BT rails and SMT. the rails were attached with some custom brackets, and appearred to support use of the SMT, along with the fence and perhaps accessory table.
No idea how practical it was, but it does look like it can be accomplished.
Comment