X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkslinger
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2014

Ryobi BT3000

I bought this off my wife uncle who did not have room after his divorce . It is in real good shape an cuts like butter , Would like to know how too install the router/jig mounting kit {BT3 kit} and how would I use it? What kind of router or jig will work with this table?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Here's the kit manual
    http://bt3000.com/Manuals/4950301_155_eng.pdf

Hints:
    only the Ryobi routers use the hole pattern in the router mounting plate. And some of the Craftsman routers that were made by Ryobi (most of the craftsman routers that begin with 315. in the model/part number).

But that doesn't mean that the Ryobis are the only ones you can use... you can mount most routers that are'nt just way oversized using the router's removable baseplates as a template. The Bosch, Porter Cable and Hitachi popular routers with 3.5" motor housings all use the same three-hole pattern, The aluminum baseplate is easy to drill with a little care, there are many post threads here on BT3 Central on how to do it, just do a search

The rear aux table clamp is recommended if you use the router with the miter fence as a guide so that the table does not shift!
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• inkslinger
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2014

Thanks LCHIEN for the info, I know this is an old saw but will the new Ryobi routers still work with this old model table saw . This my first time using this saw , Just moved into a new house we just build and never had tools to use or need when living in apartment .
      So my first project was to cut some bead board for the mud room and finish my door jams and window trim. This saw is very handy for a first timer . Next will be the unfinished basement that get more work out for my saw.

Comment

• inkslinger
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2014

quick question , Want to order some parts like
        91 662407-001 END PLUG F2 (FRONT RIGHT) 1
        92 662408-001 END PLUG R1 (RIGHT REAR) . 1
        but one of these are not sold any more ,but are still sold for the BT3100 will it still work for the BT3000.

Comment

• inkslinger
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2014

Is the BT 3000 and the BT 3100 all most the same model saw ? Will some part's from the BT 3100 work on the BT 3000 like feet for the cabinet.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

you should ask me for the FAQ (see sig line below).
            The BT3100 end caps will not fit the BT3000; the rail profiles are slightly different where the extrusion is changed but the rail mounted stuff will still fit where it counts. The BT3100 and BT3000 rip fences, aux table, and SMT and other rail mounted accessories will all fit, interchange and operate correctly on either set of rails.
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-09-2014, 01:17 PM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• inkslinger
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2014

Thanks LCHIEN for the PDF it has a lot of good info.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

BT3000 was made from about 1992 to 2002, BT3100 was made from about 2002 to 2006. Dates off the top of my head... They're basically the same saw but the differences are well documented in the FAQ. There's a lot of cosmetic changes, a few changes to the shims that make them less likely to fall out ( a weakness of the BT3000 if you don't keep it clean and lubricated in the right way) and few changes to parts that don't prevent them from interchanging and working but just different.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• inkslinger
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Feb 2014

I was just thinking , my BT3000 has a miter table I've use ounce but prefer it not to have it in place . Is there info on how I could fill in the space with a 3/4 ply wood or hard wood to make a complete table and the same thing on my other side next to the router top . Just need something to remove if I need a miter cut.

Comment

• aiyou
                    SawdustZone Patron
                    • Mar 2006
                    • Charlotte, NC
                    • BT3100

There are a number of variations buried within the forum, but from the BT3x00 Related Articles section, there's JimD's Extension tables (with miter gauge slots).

Pictures are visible on page 2 of the thread. Hopefully it can provide some inspiration.

Rob

Comment

Working...