• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Rip fence needs repairing

My fence was having problems locking down and I pulled it off and noticed that the plastic "holder" on the back end was loose. I tried tightening the two screws that hold it in place but one turned w/o grabbing and the other was just barely holding - stopped but not really holding the holder solidly. I took the two screws out only to find that the holder was cracked into three large pieces and some smaller crumbs, held together only by the encasement of the rip fence extrusion.
    I also noticed that I had repaired the holder before - the plastic that held the pin that the rear clamper b pivoted on had broken and I had glued it back together at some point... still holding.

So I ordered two holders, a spare wheel and a new camper B and the pins that hold it all together from sears and its on the way...
    Then I shoved the loose broken parts back into the fence and made the cut I needed to, being careful not to push too hard on the rip fence.

Seeing as how this part has broken twice, was why i ordered 2... my philosophy is that if you have a spare it will never break again.

Anyone else broken this part? Maybe I was too hard on the rip fence clamp handle when the saw was new... but it seems to be a weak point.

BT3000 late 1999 manufacture.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

The rear part broke on my BT3000 in Japan back around 2005 or so. Like you, I ordered extra parts and haven't had any problem since. I ordered 3, one to replace the broken part and 2 to have on hand. The fence on the 3100 is still in good condition.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

got the parts in.
      here's the pics of the damaged part.
      First picture shows the part damaged and glued back together several years ago.
      The second picture shows the bracket broken into multiple pieces.
      surprised it worked at all.

Order your parts from e-replacements. cheaper than Sears by quite a bit and faster, too.
      Attached Files
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
        • May 2003
        • Orlando, FL, USA.
        • BT3000

Mine cracked a few years ago, too, and I replaced it.

I kinda think that Rod Kirby made a plywood replacement for the part(??)

- Lonnie
        OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

Working...