• Show
Clear All
  • Wildwillis
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2013
    • Syracuse, NY
    • Craftsman 21829

Mitre Fence Hold-Downs

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm a proud new owner of a Crftsman 21829...and a very novice woodworker. One of the accessories that came in the BT3x00 kit that wasn't included with the Craftsman was the hold down clamps that can attach to the T-slot on the top of the mitre fence or table fence.

I searched to see if I could buy some of those but they don't seem to be readily available outside of the entire accessory kit. I was hoping for suggestions of good alternatives - ideally ones that I might find at Woodcraft as I'm taking a trip there on Friday (1.5 hr drive so I don't expect to be visiting there very frequently).

So far I haven't really come across any T-slot clamps that look like they'd be very effective when mounted at the height of these fences. Thanks for any suggestions and I apologize if I missed some in old topics. I was struggling to come up with the right search terms to narrow the results down to what I'm looking for.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

maybe be patient, the miter clamps show up from time to time on eBay and here in the for sale section.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

this guy has 3 for sale

Sears sells the whole kit, Ryobi p/n 4710300

even more expensive
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-28-2013, 03:25 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• greenacres2
        • Dec 2011
        • La Porte, IN
        • Ryobi BT3000

I may have one here somewhere. I'll try to get out and look today...finding may be a whole different story!!

earl

Comment

• greenacres2
          • Dec 2011
          • La Porte, IN
          • Ryobi BT3000

Found it!! It was in the FIRST place I looked, new in factory taped box. Also found a new dado throat plate and uncut zero clearance throat plate from my BT3000. I think all 3 items were in the accessory kit I bought at some point.

Don't know if the throat plates will fit the 21829, but all three items are available.

earl

Comment

• Wildwillis
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2013
            • Syracuse, NY
            • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by greenacres2
            Found it!! It was in the FIRST place I looked, new in factory taped box. Also found a new dado throat plate and uncut zero clearance throat plate from my BT3000. I think all 3 items were in the accessory kit I bought at some point.

Don't know if the throat plates will fit the 21829, but all three items are available.

earl
            Thanks to everyone for the replies! I kept searching for "hold down" so I'm definitely feeling like a big "Newb!" Great community on this forum!

Earl - I might take you up on those because I was planning on picking up at least the dado insert and a zero-clearance if I don't take a stab at making my own. I've got to to get out the door here for Thanksgiving but ill look later and see if the throat plates are the same on both saws.

Comment

Working...