X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hiwaygal
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2013

Never Used BT 3000 with accessories

Hello, my husband bought a BT 3000 years ago and has never had a place to set it up. So it has been in the original sealed boxes ever since. I'll have to confirm with him what all it has but I'm just curious what we could sell it for? He's finally realized that we most likely will never have a place for it and we're getting tired of lugging it all around. It's been in climate controlled storage for the last 8+ years.

We are in Central PA and just would like your advice.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Husband says it has all accessories that were available at the time of purchase. I apologize I don't know much about this item - so please ask any questions/specifics and we'll get an answer for you!
    Last edited by hiwaygal; 08-04-2013, 11:16 AM.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

the BT3000 was manufactured from 1992 to 2002; The successor BT3100 was from 2002 to 2006.

As with most older equipment the condition can vary widely and the demand be quite variable.

It was quite a popular saw and had many afficianados. You might therefore find someonw who prizes such a saw in new condition, but it might take a while and some patience to find this guy. Shipping is an issue, you will lilkely need to find a local buyer.

The last selling price (2006) of the BT3100 was $299 before clearances. A current version is sold at sears for $350-450 with a few extra accessories that make it better than a BT3100.

Some of the accessories are valuable: Outfeed table was around $80-100, wide table kit (extension rails and legs) and flotation top would be $100+ when new.

Again, patience and accessories would be a big factor. Might be better to sell the accessories separately as they are in demand and shippable.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-04-2013, 11:02 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• hiwaygal
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2013

Thanks for the reply!

We have the outfeed table, the wide table kit (both sides), and the flotation top. We also have the zero-tolerance throat plates, blades, router mount kit, and the vacuum dust collection.

Shipping is definitely prohibitive. I'm not sure if we should list it on craig's list or how best to handle it. We really appreciate your input!

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Craigslist is probably the best way to go, although if you tell us whereabouts you live, you might find someone on this forum who lives nearby you.

Your setup has some nice options. I'd think if you asked ~$500 that would be about right. You might have to negotiate down from there, but I would not take less than $300 for what you have.
        JR

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by hiwaygal
          Thanks for the reply!

We have the outfeed table, the wide table kit (both sides), and the flotation top. We also have the zero-tolerance throat plates, blades, router mount kit, and the vacuum dust collection.

Shipping is definitely prohibitive. I'm not sure if we should list it on craig's list or how best to handle it. We really appreciate your input!
          Do you actually have the Ryobi SHopvac that was meant to be used with the vacuum table or just have the vacuum/flotation table but no vac? The vac has a separate fan for cooling the motor as drawing on a closed system results in little or no air flow to the motor. Most shop vacs use the same air flow to cool the motor.

Where are you located? you did not list it on your profile.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• hiwaygal
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2013

First we are in the Harrisburg/Hershey PA area.

And yes, we have the actual Ryobi shopvac dust collection system. My husband said because he didn't want to buy something separate, so he bought the one that was supposed to go with the saw.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

Central PA is listed in the first post (do I see you drolling over the vac?)
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Knottscott
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Rochester, NY.
                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

It's important to note that "unused in the original sealed box" isn't the same as "new" from a store with return privileges and full warranty. The general rule of thumb for used tools is roughly 50% of the cost of new, with plenty of wiggle room for condition, original quality, extras, etc. I'd guess you could probably push that to 60% to 70% in this case. You could always sell off the accessories separately from the main saw.
                Last edited by Knottscott; 08-05-2013, 04:33 PM.
                Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Rslaugh
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Red Lion, PA, USA.
                  • Ridgid

South central PA? Or more northerly?
                  Rick
                  IG: @rslaugh_photography
                  A sailor travels to many lands, Any place he pleases
                  And he always remembers to wash his hands, So's he don't gets no diseases
                  ~PeeWee Herman~

Comment

• hiwaygal
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Knottscott
                    It's important to note that "unused in the original sealed box" isn't the same as "new" from a store with return privileges and full warranty. The general rule of thumb for used tools is roughly 50% of the cost of new, with plenty of wiggle room for condition, original quality, extras, etc. I'd guess you could probably push that to 60% to 70% in this case. You could always sell off the accessories separately from the main saw.
                    Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I understand your point and appreciate your insight.

It's not that we wouldn't necessarily sell the accessories separately, but there are some advantages to having only one buyer too.

Originally posted by Rslaugh
                    South central PA? Or more northerly?
                    Harrisburg/Hershey area

Comment

• hiwaygal
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Aug 2013

Hello again!

We were finally able to get pictures of everything and I've tried to upload them somewhere so I could post them here - but it's taking too long.

I've received two private messages expressing interest. However, because I can only have 1 message at a time, I've had to delete them and don't remember who sent them.

So, to try to make this easier, please email me for pictures and any other information.

We are starting the asking price at $400 for everything.

Email address: dgriffett@comcast.net

Thanks for all the advice and everything! You guys have been great!

Comment

• Jstracco
                        Handtools only
                        • Aug 2013

Jstracco

Just joined and don't know if this is the proper forum but here it goes. Would be interested in purchasing the whole set up or parts that are left. how do I find out where or how to contact person selling this item. really need out feed table and extension table set up.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                          cycling to health
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                          • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by Jstracco
                          Just joined and don't know if this is the proper forum but here it goes. Would be interested in purchasing the whole set up or parts that are left. how do I find out where or how to contact person selling this item. really need out feed table and extension table set up.
                          You might try sending the OP an email.
                          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...