• Show
Clear All
  • spelljammer
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2012
    • Martinsville, Indiana
    • Ryobi BT3100

Belt question

For those who do not already know... I got a BT3000SX for Christmas in 1999. It was never opened and placed in storage for the last 13 years. I would like your opinion on whether you think the belt is still good. Should I get a new one before I am ready to try it out?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I got my BT3000 in 1999, the original belts still on it, they are polyurethane not rubber so they won't get hard, take a set, or dry out like rubber. Still, I have heard that some will dry-rot under the right conditions. They're not cheap anymore, either. I'd try and see how yours are before buying new ones.

P.S. I have moved your thread to BT3x00 related discussions. It should be there rather than forum related questions which are for problems with the forum.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-11-2013, 06:55 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

First, there are 2 belts and they are a PITA to change. Unless it was stored under some very harsh conditions, I would fire it up. You might experience some memory from the belts sitting in the same position for so long, but that should go away with some run time.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• spelljammer
        Forum Newbie
        • Jun 2012
        • Martinsville, Indiana
        • Ryobi BT3100

Awesome!! Thanks

Comment

Working...