X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blitz
    Handtools only
    • Dec 2010

Problem with motor re-install bt3100

Took the motor housing off to check and clean. Can't seem to get it back on. There are two metal studs(brush holder?) in the housing blocking it. They seem to swivel and are spring loaded, but I cant work past them. An help would be appreciated.

thanks.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

hi and welcome.

Your statements are a very confusing to me.
    Did you actually take the motor off, removing the belts and everything?

How do the brush covers block what and what do you mean you're trying to work past them?

Do you have a manual? Using the standard part names from the diagram might help. Or a picture or two.

The manual is on line somewhere, if you need it, we could look it up for you if you can't find it.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Blitz
      Handtools only
      • Dec 2010

thanks for the reply Loring. I'll try to explain with pictures. Please see the link below. I am trying to put the motor housing back on the motor, but it will only go so far (see first picture). there are two pieces of metal that seem to block it from installing all of the way (see second picture).

thanks, glenn

Comment

• jAngiel
        • Oct 2003
        • Ryobi BT3100

I could be wrong but they look like the brushes for the motor, they should be spring loaded and should push down (well down and up since there are two) out of the way. I've never looked at the motor of my saw but there may be an access to them from the outside so you can remove them until you get the cover back on. The manual may show it.
        Here is a link to a parts manual, it does show the exploded view of the motor.
        Last edited by jAngiel; 11-30-2012, 12:34 PM. Reason: added link to manual
        James

Comment

• Sawatzky
          Established Member
          • Apr 2005
          • CA
          • Ridgid TS3650

I looks like you may have pulled the motor cover off before removing the brushes. If you remove the two black screws on the motor cap, you can pull the brushes out. Then you should be able to reinstall the motor cap and then put the brushes back in.

Comment

• Blitz
            Handtools only
            • Dec 2010

solved

thanks Sawatzky, that's exactly what happened. Did as you said and all is good. Thanks for the help and thanks to everyone who pitched in.

Glenn

Comment

Working...