• Show
Clear All
  • GerryR
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2012
    • South Central Virginia
    • Craftsman 218290

Table Clamping Bracket

I have the Craftsman version of the B3100. I am fairly familiar with the B3x00 series, as I had one about 11 years ago, but sold it because I was moving from NH to VA.

In the router kit, there is an item called the Table Clamping Bracket. I know, when all else fails, read the manual. I did. Outside of the Router Kit diagram, I can't find any mention of this bracket or how it fits, and I don't remember this being in the B3100 kit. I think it goes on the inside of the front rail and tightens against the accessory (router) table, to keep it from moving. It appears to fit "OK," but I'm not 100% sure.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Gerry
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

the router or Auxiliary table already has a front rail clamp on top. The clamp in the router kit is for holding the table to the rear rail. When using the router table with the rip fence, if the table moves it changes the distance from the bit to the fence resulting in uneven cuts. The rear rail clamp makes it so both ends of the router table are held solid, so it can't move. Using just the front clamp alone, the table will be able to move a little bit.

It was in the BT3 router kits forever.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• mpc
      • Feb 2005
      • Cypress, CA, USA.
      • BT3000 orig 13amp model

The router table clamp goes into the rear BT3 rail as LCHIEN posted. It uses a Ryobi style square rail nut for a round hand knob+threaded shaft to hold a small metal plate against the rear rail. The top of this plate has a small "U" shaped notch in it; this notch fits around a rib on the underside of the auxiliary (router) table. The other end of the plate is bent to grab into the smaller groove of the rear rail.

mpc

Comment

• GerryR
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2012
        • South Central Virginia
        • Craftsman 218290

OK. Thanks to both of you. There is no rib on the back underside of aux. table on mine for the clamp groove to straddle, but the longer leg of the clamp fits into the lower narrow groove, and the two shorter legs bear against the table. When moderately tightened, it does prevent movement of the back of the table.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

That's it!
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...