• Show
Clear All
  • val273
    Handtools only
    • Dec 2011
    • Woodmere...Long Island, N Y
    • The Ryobi 300

Newbie with router question......

Hiya all....hoping everyone had a safe and blessed holiday....my question....Where can I find JUST the router face inserts for the accessory table....as I have made my own mounting jig to mount my own Ryobi router to that table, and am going to make a aux fence to mount to the standard fence...I need just the red table inserts...I believe the accessory kit comes with 3, with different size openings to fit various bits.....Can't find anywhere to buy just the faceplates.......don't need to buy the whole mounting kit just for the plates Any Ideas ????? As always,. work safely.....Gerry Val....
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by val273
    Hiya all....hoping everyone had a safe and blessed holiday....my question....Where can I find JUST the router face inserts for the accessory table....as I have made my own mounting jig to mount my own Ryobi router to that table, and am going to make a aux fence to mount to the standard fence...I need just the red table inserts...I believe the accessory kit comes with 3, with different size openings to fit various bits.....Can't find anywhere to buy just the faceplates.......don't need to buy the whole mounting kit just for the plates Any Ideas ????? As always,. work safely.....Gerry Val....
    First you need the Ryobi part numbers. The following is from my FAQ:

Router Mounting kit Throat plates/inserts (red):
    Throat Plate (1 in.) #975424-003
    Throat Plate (1-1/2 in.) #975424-004
    Throat Plate (2 in.) #975424-005
    Throat Plate (1/2 in.) #975424-002
    Throat Plate (1-1/8 in.) #975424-006

they may be available from the Ryobi parts dealers. List of them is also in the FAQ.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

This might be a tad nosy but why do you think you need those inserts? You don't need the opening to match the size of the bit, at least for most operations. I made a couple inserts for my router table but I almost never use them. I would use the router table some before getting these unless you have a specific use in mind.

Jim

Comment

Working...