OK to store bt3100 with 2 wheels on step?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbrain
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2007
    • roseville california
    • Bt3100

OK to store bt3100 with 2 wheels on step?

I am wanting to store my BT with Herculift with 2 of the 4 wheels on a step about 3 inches high. This configuration saves me valuable space in the garage.

Is this going to screw anything up?

I could make a 3 inch "Platform" for the other 2 wheels if needed.

Thanks for any input.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by jbrain
    I am wanting to store my BT with Herculift with 2 of the 4 wheels on a step about 3 inches high. This configuration saves me valuable space in the garage.

Is this going to screw anything up?

I could make a 3 inch "Platform" for the other 2 wheels if needed.

Thanks for any input.
    you mean, "tilted"? I wouldn't think it would be any cause for worry that i can think of.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jbrain
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2007
      • roseville california
      • Bt3100

Yep, tilted.

Good to hear it's not a problem. Makes the garage space work a little better.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Seems to me that you would be putting excessive stress onto the Herc-u-Lift Mobile Base. I know that the BT's aren't all that heavy but the Herc-u-Lift is still only a mobile base and wasn't intended to support the weight of a saw while it's being stored. I only use the Herc-u-Lift on my Ridgid table saw when I want to move it.

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

I think as long as all 4 contact points of the mobile base are on the ground it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not all that familiar with the Herc-u-lift base though.

You should have no concern about the saw itself being tilted. I have the Craftsman 21829 (basically the same bt3100 saw) on the gravity rise stand. The saw is on end when folded up. That's how I store mine. The only problems I have is when I forget to lock the fence down or take out my router lift.
          Erik

Comment

• jbrain
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2007
            • roseville california
            • Bt3100

Originally posted by sweensdv
            Seems to me that you would be putting excessive stress onto the Herc-u-Lift Mobile Base. I know that the BT's aren't all that heavy but the Herc-u-Lift is still only a mobile base and wasn't intended to support the weight of a saw while it's being stored. I only use the Herc-u-Lift on my Ridgid table saw when I want to move it.
            Yeah, I sure don't want to hurt the lift. I shoved a 3" block of wood under the 2 feet and released the lift. Seems good now.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...