Spent some quality time adjusting my BT today...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Spent some quality time adjusting my BT today...

So as many of you may remember, a while back I broke the head piece of my rip fence. Well I had aligned the fence to the blade as best I could manually, but it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I finally laid my hands on a dial indicator. And I was further off than I was comfortable with...

I spent some quality time with the dial indicator, and a shop made jig patterned after Phil Thien's jig and I am at the point now where I have the miter slot table to the left of the blade dead even with the blade, and the rip fence dead on. I need to move to the right side and align THAT miter slot table, and then move back and realign the SMT.

I did get a chance to test the cuts with the fence aligned, and it is spot on. Smooth as butter and as it should be. I am enthusiastic about the possibility that I may be able to align the right side miter slot table, and get moving forward with some new sleds...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...