• Show
Clear All
  • moogum
    Handtools only
    • Jul 2011
    • Australia
    • BT3100

BT3100 spares for OZ

Just bought a BT3100 240 volt. Cleaned it up, all seems OK. Went to get spare belts at the local Australian supplier and was quoted $102 for a pair. Is there a US supplier with reasonable prices and international freight charges? I would also like to get a height wheel and offset screws for the sliding table. Hope someone can help out. moogum
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Belts here run about $10-20 each.
    Eccentric screws (I think that's what you are calling offset screws) are not real expensive, a couple of bucks, max.
    Domestic shipping typically runs $6-12 for small orders.
    There's several dealers including Sears parts on-line.
    It maybe hard to get international shipping, though.

My faq lists several sources for parts and has hints for finding the best prices. You'll have to contact them for info on shipping internationally. Or make a good US friend who will buy and ship them to you. Obviously buying parts for backup spares rather than replacing broken parts puts you in a position of non-urgency so you can be patient.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• paultnl
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2004
      • United Kingdom.

please post results

If you do find anyone with reasonable international shipping, please post links as I have the same problem in the UK.

Comment

• moogum
        Handtools only
        • Jul 2011
        • Australia
        • BT3100

BT3100 parts for OZ

Thanks for the replies. BT3100K sold by OZ national hardware chain. Manufactured 2005 in Taiwan. I would like to keep the saw going for as long as possible as it had very little use when I got it, but steel pins etc were rusty and all alignment had gone. Pulled it down, lubricated, cleaned; now all OK other than mitre table slop and height wheel is partially stripped. Hope I can avoid the extremely high cost of spares in OZ so I'll keep looking at US suppliers.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

If someting is stripped inthe elevation mechanism itsusually not the crank. Usually its the place where the elevation screw ins treaded into aluminum housing of the motor locker backet.
          Also if its not working then usually cleaning te crown gears and threaded elevation rod will help a lot, if the saw is used but never cleaned.

Sent you the FAQ as requested.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• moogum
            Handtools only
            • Jul 2011
            • Australia
            • BT3100

BT3100 parts for OZ

Stripped down the elevation mechanism during clean and it is the plastic height wheel with the flats rounded. Still working but for how long who knows? Received the FAQ from LCHIEN. Very good notes. Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...