• Show
Clear All
  • SteveO
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2010
    • Arvada, CO
    • BT3000 + BT3000 = BT6000

Bt6000

I recently picked up another BT3000 with all the accessories and wanted to make my own Frankensaw, so here it is! It's my BT6000!

It's on some very heavy cabinets I picked up from an out-of-business department store. They are bolted together and on outrigger wheels to allow clearance under the bench.

The rails are 96 inches long! There are two full size rails and a portion of a third for both front and back. The center table is the vacuum clamping/floatation table, though I've not used it yet. I have it set up with the left saw using the Freud combo blade and the right saw is set for dados.

With two rip fences, I'm able to dedicate one to being the router fence full-time. I can see where having to set it up each time I wanted to use it would be a pain.

The folding table was modified to lose a few inches so it would clear the concrete footer when it is stowed under my messy workbench. When stowed, I'm still able to use the garage as intended.

I have some spare parts left over from the build. I have a full set of rails, a set of rails that are approximately 31", the legs from the extended table (minus the mounting nuts and bolts) and a spare set of wrenches. I'm going to list them in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Now, I just have to get out there and make some saw dust!
    Attached Files
  • RodKirby
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

A masterpiece! You obviously don't intend to move it (often)

I trust it hasn't been canine christened!
    Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Great set up. Your equipment looks mighty familiar... I would love to set a rig like that up...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

96" rails.....

Who needs a panel sw when you can cross-cut a full sheet of plywood?????
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• TCOTTLE
          Established Member
          • May 2009
          • Greenbush Maine
          • Ryobi BT3000

I will definitely take the wrenches!
          I have purchased 3 BT3000's, and none have had wrenches :/

Comment

• SteveO
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2010
            • Arvada, CO

Actually, moving it is not too bad. I have handles on all four corners to yank it out from under the bench, and once out I use my knees to move it around. The thing I didn't anticipate is that with all the weight, the locking casters are completely pointless. It doesn't move at all unless I mean to. I do intend to fill the expansion joints though - moving it over those can be tough if I don't do it quickly.

The thing I don't even want to think about is moving it if I ever decide to buy a new house! Actually, with the drawers out it would be manageable, but hopefully by movers and not me!

As for canine christening, she's never felt the need to try it!

Comment

• SteveO
              Forum Newbie
              • Nov 2010
              • Arvada, CO

Oh yeah - Tim, I replied to your PM about the wrenches, but being a total noobie, I'm not sure I did it right. Let me know if you don't get it.

Comment

• SteveO
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2010
                • Arvada, CO

So I just got in from working in the shop on the new BT6000. I really LOVE the floatation table! I was able to crosscut a 2' x 8' piece of plywood like it was 1/4 of the size. I just floats across the table!

Using both SMTs at once works quite nicely if the piece is clamped to both. It's like having a giant sled.

So far, I'm super pleased!

Comment

• Russianwolf
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                  • One of them there Toy saws

You may what to keep one of those longer rails and use it as an extended miter fence. I use mine quite a bit.
                  Mike
                  Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• SteveO
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Nov 2010
                    • Arvada, CO

That's a great idea Russianwolf. Of the two rails, do you have a preference between the front or the rear?
                    Last edited by SteveO; 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• SteveO
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Nov 2010
                      • Arvada, CO

After looking carefully at the spare rails, I'm not clear which is the best way to use them as an extended miter fence.

Do you slide the clamping mechanism off the regular miter fence and put it on the rail, or do you attach the rail to the existing short fence similar to the way the extended rip fence mounts?

If you do put the clamping mechanism on the rail, which face is in contact with the workpiece?

Any ideas or a picture would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...