• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gravelybob
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2005
    • Camden, Ohio, USA.

BT3100 Blade wrenches

Anyone have an extra set they are willing to part with.
  • conwaygolfer
    Established Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Conway, SC.
    • BT3000

Have you tried to make your own?
    When I bought mine second hand, they could not find the wrenches. So I took an older 3/4 inch wrench and started grinding. I had to grind the sides to fit into the slot and then grind the ends to also fit. Took about 5 minutes. I am pretty sure it will last longer than the original ones.

Hope this helps,
    Conwaygolfer

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

if you go conwaygolfers route then the arbor nut takes a 3/4" and the riving knife removal takes a 1/2". For either purpose you can use a flat wrench or a regular box-end or closed end wrench equally well. What you need the skinny wrench for is the arbor lock to hold the arbor fixed while you turn the arbor nut. That's on the opposite end of either supplied wrench. And I don't recall offhand the internal or external width of the arbor locking end - maybe when i get home off the road, also it may be in my FAQ (see my Sig line below about the FAQ). oh, its in the FAQ - 1.28" max wide, 0.170" max thick, internal width 3/4"

I just use a pawn shop-bought 3/4" wrench to do the arbor and the supplied wrench to lock the arbor. A similar 1/2" wrench will do the guard/riving knife. So you just need one of the Ryobi wrenches for the arbor lock and can cut one from some steel sheet if need be.

if you do use a real wrench on the arbor nut, it'll be longer than the supplied wrench - don't overdo tightening the arbor nut, this will lead to problems. it really needs to be a little more than snug, that's all. Read the FAQ on that, too.

if you follow my suggestion, you just need one wrench... then you can get it from Sears parts for $5 or $10 (yes the same wrench costs different if you ask for different saws as the source part) plus about $6 shipping. Again, read the FAQ.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...