• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Futzer
    Handtools only
    • Mar 2011

BT3000 Aux Table - buy or make?

Hi, this is my first post, so be gentle

I have a BT3000, standard kit, and I would really like another aux table. My current one is holding my router on the R of the blade, and I want it to stay that way.

I need another aux table on the L of the blade. I'm considering buying one, but I'd also like to know if it's practical to make one.

Can anyone point me to threads on making or vendors for buying?

I appreciate all the help,

Katou

ps. can't use the sliding table as an aux table because I don't have the space - the saw has to roll into and out of a very precisely sized little cubbyhole. I'd have to attach and detach the slider each time. I'd rather have the extra aux table.
  • yamato72
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2009
    • Lansing, MI

If you are patient you can find an aux table on ebay, plus I believe they are still available new (M&D or Amazon, or Sears). Making your own would be a great project for your saw, though.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Check the classifieds here too. I believe there is someone parting out a BT now. You can generally get an accessory table for $15-$30. I picked up one here, and another on Ebay.

Making one is pretty easy. Check through the treads in this section, there are a lot of different ways to attach one.

I put a router lift my first shop made accessory table. I think the lift was one of the best upgrades I ever did for the saw, 'cept maybe the Shark Guard.
      Erik

Comment

• Futzer
        Handtools only
        • Mar 2011

Will do

Good catch on the parting out in the classifieds, I have posted requesting a price, we will see what comes of that. Thanks for the guidance!

Futzer

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

yeah they generally go for $15 to 30 in the classified, check eBay, too for BT3000 or BT3100 auxiliary table. The aux tables from these two models are physically perfectly interchangeable.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JimD
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Lexington, SC.

Here is my piece on making extension tables:

You need to go to the second page to see pictures. The main material is melamine coated particle board sold in big box stores for shelves and uprights in closets. Other than that I use plywood scraps and a few metal bits.

Jim

Comment

Working...