X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Something I didn't see in the FAQ...

I'm setting up my first 3/4" dado on a 6" Oshlun stack. I've taken both inside washers off, and it looks like the stack will clear, but by the most miniscule amounts. I have plenty of thread still left on the arbor.

So...

1) keep it like it is, it won't damage the dado
    2) add a shim to the inside
    3) add the 1/4" washer

?
    I have a little blog about my shop
  • Brian G
    • Jun 2003
    • Bloomington, Minnesota.
    • G0899

All it has to do is clear, even if it's miniscule. You should be okay. After you tighten the arbor nut, give it a few spins by hand to check the clearance.
    Brian

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

your saw comes with a 1/4" spacer, 1/2" spacer, 2 arbor washers with two flats to keep the blade stable and a blade and the nut.

with the 3/4" stack dado you should have from right to left the arbor washer the stack of dados, another arbor washer and the nut. You should have room for another 1/16th dado chipper blade totalling 13/16ths before you start to have any difficulty keeping the dado stack over the flat (non treaded) part of the arbor.

If you stack is too skinny and the nut won't tighten up over the blades because it runs out of threads, then add either the 1/4 or 1/2" spacers to the far right (nearest the motor).

so your answer is 1)
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-10-2010, 03:53 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...