X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

I really like Lee's plates, but I notice that my pawls do like to eat into them unfortunately.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

I didn't get pawls with my shark guard. I just don't like getting scratches on my wood. I taped the ones on my OEM guard back and up (for the few times I used it).

Some guys have put electrical or painters tape on the edges of theirs to lessen the occurance of damage from them. I don't think it would impact the performance much.
      Erik

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

Opps. Didn't catch this sooner.
        The main differences in the material I use and UHMW is looks. Strength also, but mainly the textured finish of the HDPE. It looks more like a finished product and hides scratches better. Just as slick and slightly stronger.

The pawls will absolutely scratch the throat plates which is one reason I do not recommend them for Ryobi shark guards. You must physically hold them back or move them out of the way. With the Shark clamp acting as a hold down already, the pawls are seemingly redundant and require too much effort by the operator.
        Even with the OEM throat plate and the original pawls, there is far too much manipulation needed by the operator for very little safety.

Just my opinion, but you will not find them in use on my saw.
        Lee

Comment

Working...