• Show
Clear All
  • dangre
    Norum Fewbie
    • Oct 2009
    • Gardnerville, NV
    • BT3100-1

New Owner

Hello all. I guess I'm now officially a member of the BT3x00 owners club. I started downsizing my shop a while ago, getting too old to be slinging 4'x8' sheets around, and was looking for a more compact and accurate table saw. In my search, I came across this group, got hooked, and joined last year. With the wealth of knowledge and helpful members here, I learned a lot. It paid off last month when I acquired a BT3100-1 in pristine condition. It appears to only have been used a few times to cut some trim pieces. It also came with the accessory kit and a Ridgid Titanium R1090C blade. No idea what happened to the original blade. Oh, and I got everything for $100! I know, I know, "I suck".
    The FAQ was a big help, thanks Loring. I had a question regarding saw blades, but I think Knottscott answered them with all the great information he provided. I don't know if 'overload' is the right word to use, but I was going through the info and the next thing I remember is the paramedics were asking me if I knew the date, who the President was, and would I kindly stop drooling on their equipment.
    I do have one question for the moment. Since I don't care for the splayed leg set, will the BT3100 bolt up or fit on the BT3000 base? Thanks again to all the members here for their help.

Dan

For the "No pic, didn't happen" crowd, here's the pic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3100-1_01s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	796855
    Dan

In a recent survey, 4 out of 5 hammers preferred thumbs.
  • John Hunter
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Lake Station, IN, USA.
    • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by dangre
    I do have one question for the moment. Since I don't care for the splayed leg set, will the BT3100 bolt up or fit on the BT3000 base?
    YES! I have both a BT3000 and a BT3100. When I bought the 3100 I placed it on the stand for the 3000 since it was set up with a table extension and all the other bells and whistles. I then mounted the old 3000 on the splayed legs so it can be easily loaded in the truck for jobs away from the shop.
    John Hunter

Comment

• herb fellows
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • New York City
      • bt3100

yes, you do suck! Now that we have that out of the way, nice buy! That thang looks like it just parted company with the carton yesterday. Beautiful!
      You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• bigstick509
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Macomb, MI, USA.
        • BT3100

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

for the FAQ, you're welcome
          for the group, you ARE welcome.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

Welcome aboard!

Comment

• dangre
              Norum Fewbie
              • Oct 2009
              • Gardnerville, NV
              • BT3100-1

Thanks everyone for the welcome. And thanks John for the info on the BT3000 base. Back to haunting CL for a deal on one. Later.

Dan
              Dan

In a recent survey, 4 out of 5 hammers preferred thumbs.

Comment

Working...