• Show
Clear All
  • ke4fsm
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2010
    • Midlothian, VA
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Miter slot table installation question-right side

I am new on the forum, but have had a BT-3000 for over 10 years but did not use it a lot because the jigs I had made in the past were made to use with regular TS miter slots. In helping a friend look for wide table rails I found this forum. In looking around I saw a photo of the Ryobi miter slot tables mounted on both sides of the saw. So I ordered two of them.

I installed the right hand side with no problem, aligned it with no problem and I am happy as a clam! However, I can't find the photo showing the dual mounting. I am snowed in at the moment, but tomorrow I will go out and get some 1/4" sheet aluminium to make a mounting bracket.

However, I thought I would ask on the forum it anyone had a great/easy way to mount the right hand miter slot table.

My intention is to cut the sheet aluminum the size of the miter slot table as a mounting bracket, drill and countersink four holes for sheet metal screws to attach the bracket to the saw. Then drill holes to use the 1/4-20 mounting bolts that came in the package. If you see a problem with this or have a better idea, I would appreciate the help.

Also, I know I saw a photo, but I can't find it. If you know of the photo, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Sam
  • scmhogg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

Our member komatoast makes hardware and has instructions for installing right side miter slots.

He sells on ebay as komatoast69.

Steve
    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

+1 on komatoast's kit... It makes the install easy.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Send an PM to Lchien WITH your email address, so he can send you the FAQ's, and also look to the articles section. Several have mentioned they love Komatoast's kit, others have made their own. Actually I only remember one negative comment on Komatoast's kit, and I think the poster was shocked he didn't come up with it.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• ke4fsm
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2010
          • Midlothian, VA
          • Ryobi BT-3000

Thanks all for the lead to KomaToast. I visited his web site and he is out of stock on his kits.

However, I took some scrap aluminum angle "iron" and some scrap aluminum plates left over from a metalwork project several years ago and put the two together to make a mounting bracket. Took about two hours--only because the shop dog could not make up her mind whether she wanted to sleep in her bed or play in the snow. If SWMBO was home, I could have finished in about an hour.

For my machine, the 1/8" angle plus the 1/8" sheet, two of the plastic shims that come in the package and a bit of painter's tape matched the table heights perfectly. four self-tapping #8 sheet metal screws mounted the brackets to the saw body and the 1/4-20 socket head bolts that came in the MST kit fastened it down. Alignment was a piece of cake and only required one iteration to achieve.

This is an easy project and while it cost me nothing because I already had the materials, I made a trip to HD earlier this afternoon for some varnish for a project and checked the price of the materials I used. It would be under $10.00 and you would still have more than half of the materials left for another use. The only thing you need to do is drill a few holes, screw it down and bolt it on.

This forum is now in my faves and I will be back often.

Thanks,

Sam
          73 de KE4FSM

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Funny thing is, my saw had the miter slot table on the right when I bought it, I added the one on the left...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

Good job Sam!
              But as I have been reminded by several others on this wonderful website.....
              no pics didn't happen Be kind, I am looking to do the same install and would love to see what you did in pictures
              (words don't do it for this dummy)
              I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• ke4fsm
                Forum Newbie
                • Feb 2010
                • Midlothian, VA
                • Ryobi BT-3000

I am just back from a quick business trip. SHMBO wants me to finish the drop leaf kitchen table I have been promising for several years. I've glued up the top months ago, but have put off cutting the apron, legs and other parts. With more snow expected tonight and Monday, I expect lots of time in the shop this weekend. I don't want to mess up the alignment by taking it apart until I have it in the finishing stage.

Hold on and I will take it back apart and send photos and detailed instructions.

Sam

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Much appreciated Sam. Good luck with SHMBO
                  I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• tribalwind
                    • Feb 2004