http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=61986&cat=1,43455,61994&ap=1

Thanks

lbh
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

I guess the short answer is "no". But it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you a dual miter slot table on your BT that t-track would ride in the slots. But there would be nothing to hold it in place.

If you're trying to make a miter slot for the BT, then yes you could use that t-track to embed in a table of your own construction. Many members have done that to very good effect.

Maybe you could tell us a little about what you're trying to do?

JR
    JR

Comment

• lbh
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2008

I am trying to do something similar to what is shown on this thread on the left side of the blade. But I want to do on both sides on the blade. I dont want to build a table like this user did.

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=29738

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

T-slots are for mounting jigs and fixtures. The miter slot(s) on a table saw is for the slides on a miter gauge or sled. Two different things, two different slots. Many folks who build an aux. table for their saws will mount both types...

Comment

• lbh
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
          T-slots are for mounting jigs and fixtures. The miter slot(s) on a table saw is for the slides on a miter gauge or sled. Two different things, two different slots. Many folks who build an aux. table for their saws will mount both types...
          Ah Got you.... I guess I want t slots then... I want to buy a tenoning jig for my table saw so for that I will need 2 t-slots. With the same 2 t slots, I plan on building a crosscut jig as well.

Based on that then (and thanlks for helping) are there t-slots that fit the BT3x00 saws without building a table to mount them?

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Why not use the Ryobi miter slot table? I have one on each side of my blade for things like sleds, tenon jigs (although I have been using a fence based shop built jig)...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JR
              The Full Monte
              • Feb 2004
              • Eugene, OR
              • BT3000

Ah, ok I think I get it now.

What you see to the left side on LarryG's setup is a Ryobi option called a Dual Miter Slot Table, or DMST. It is specifically designed to be installed on the left side.

There is an aftermarket kit to enable installation of the DMST on the right side, available from a member called komatoast. You could send him a PM from this site, or he can also be found on ebay.

I have DMSTs on both sides of my saw.

I'd suggest starting a thread in the Member Classified forum on this site, entitled something like WTB - DMST.

Good luck,
              JR
              JR

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

Originally posted by lbh
                Ah Got you.... I guess I want t slots then... I want to buy a tenoning jig for my table saw so for that I will need 2 t-slots. With the same 2 t slots, I plan on building a crosscut jig as well.
                Nooo... Just the opposite. T-slots are for fixed accessories, miter slots are for moving ones. A tenoning jig gots'ta slide...

Comment

• pelligrini
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • Fort Worth, TX
                  • Craftsman 21829

Most of the tenon jigs and miters are best used in a T miter slot. One thing about using the Ryobi dual miter slot tables is that they are a straight 3/4"x3/8" slot. You can use a tenon jig in the Ryobi table but you have to remove the hold down disk on the bottom of the miter runner.

I made a dual slot table for my saw using both a miter slot and a t-track slot. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=34202 Be aware that the Rockler T-bolts will not fit Incra T-tracks.

There are many different designs for shop made miter tables. Steves and Cgallery's designs are nice: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=47326
                  Erik

Comment

• lbh
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dbhost
                    Why not use the Ryobi miter slot table? I have one on each side of my blade for things like sleds, tenon jigs (although I have been using a fence based shop built jig)...
                    Can you post pictures of your steup?

Comment

• JR
                      The Full Monte
                      • Feb 2004
                      • Eugene, OR
                      • BT3000

Does this help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	The table saw.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	785063
                      JR

Comment

• lbh
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JR
                        Does this help?

[ATTACH]15025[/ATTACH]
                        Yup - thank you sir... That's exactly what I want...

Comment

Working...