• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LYU370
    Established Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Streamwood, IL.

What's a BT3100 worth?

About to make the plunge to the dark side. Can't pass up the deal on the Ridgid R4511. Hopefully pick one up this weekend. So it's time to put the BT3100 up for sale. Works great, look at the Jewelry Box I made with it in the finished projects section. Replaced the crappy power switch with a switch from Sears a few years back. The SMT needs to be repaired, when I moved the plastic guides? broke, I think I may have bought replacements but can't remember, but if I recall they're like .75 each. Have a mitre slot installed on the left, also have another for the right side that I haven't installed yet along with the mounting hardware. Have a Skil router mounted in it that I haven't used for years. Also throw in a Herc-u-lift base that I never got around to installing.

What do you think is a fair price? Chicago suburbs.
    Andy
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

With the broken SMT, I'd say $200.00. Fix that, and assuming the rest of the saw is in good shape, and the router goes with it... $300.00

FWIW, be careful about the R4511, I am seeing a LOT of complaints on the forums about the tops cracking...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• axa
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2007

sold my BT3100:
      http://www.bt3central.com/attachment...3&d=1263703817

with an INSTALLED Herc u lift and 4, yup FOUR, working SMTs, doubled up fence (2 stacked fences), extended rails on both sides... and included the mounted Ryobi router/kit.... at least 34 T-NUTS...

$200 locally on craigslist in less than a week.
      Could have parted it out for more, or could likely have held out for more, but really for how long, for how much...?

Id recommend if you really want to see it gone, be reasonable. If you have the time to haggle, negotiate, then by all means get that extra $50.
      Or maybe cut it up and make 10 trips to the post office for the extra $100 perhaps...
      Especially when my BT3100 was had for $199 on clearance in 06-07, and now get a R4511 for $299, you have better things to do with your time.

I couldn't be happier with the my new R4511. for every bad story, you wont hear 10 good ones...
      Last edited by axa; 01-30-2010, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• LYU370
        Established Member
        • Mar 2005
        • Streamwood, IL.

Found an R4511, pick it up tomorrow. For anyone that's interested in the Chicago area. The Glenview store has two left, Evanston has one, and Mchenry has one. They're going fast!

Thought I bought the parts to fix the SMT, and I did, found them in the box with the second dual slot mitre. Think I'll fix it this weekend and install the right side mitre slot.
        Andy

Comment

• uglystick
          Established Member
          • Jan 2006
          • Garland, TX, USA
          • Ridgid R4511 Granite top

I listed & sold my BT3100 on Dallas CL for $225 this week. I got the 1st offer for full price & in 3hrs! HercULift and 2 ZCTPs from LeeWay included - probably could have got another $50, oh well.
          I also have moved to the Ridgid R4511, pleased so far...
          -Kendall

Comment

Working...