This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajhillgolf

Any upgraded fence options? I've had a BT300 for 15 years

I've rebuilt my fences and on my 2nd or 3rd fence. Anyone know of any "new" options for extended/larger fences? I have alot of sheet goods to cut and this has always been my biggest problem with the BT fences (movement and adjustment).

Thanks.
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

There is only one aftermarket fence I am aware of for this, and it is WAY expensive. It is VERY hard to find via searching on it, WITHOUT using the name (hard to do when your trying to find the name): Jointech Sawtrain.

Might I suggest for plywood, you look at everything from your basic sawboard to the Eurekazone, EZ Smart system.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

if your BT3 fence is moving then I suggest you check the rear fence locking mechanism, normally its truely solid when locked right.

There should be a two-stage clamping action, as you lower the handle the front flmaps at two poitns to make it square with the rail/blade system, and then the rear clamps as you lower it further to prevent any swinging/deflection of the back of the fence. You should be able to grab it with you hand and wiggle it and not deflect it at all.

if it does deflect then the fence needs repair or adjustment - lots of posts on that here.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ajhillgolf

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the updates

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

I use a piece of melamine coated particle board - commonly sold as shelving material as well as 49x97 inch sheets around here - on my rip fence. It is 8 or 10 inches longer than the fence and attached using the groove in the stock fence (I filed down 1/4 nuts to fit the groove initially then made a piece of a scrap of flat stock that has threads tapped in it for three screws). It effectively lengthens the rip fence and is also about 4 inches tall so it makes it taller too. With a coat of wax it is very slick.

I almost never rip full sheets on the BT3100 but if it is a big piece, I also use infeed and outfeed support.

Jim

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

This thread is pretty good on adjustment issues.
            This is the place to ask questions about the Ryobi BT3 series table saws. Please limit the posts to this topic only.
            Erik

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

A while back I built a fence attachment that drops over the fence and is secured by two bolts on the opposite face of the fence from the one stock is fed against. It is about 8" longer than the stock fence. You could make one even longer if you need to.
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...