• mickey24

Incra 1000 Miter Gauge

Will this gauge work on the Ryobi BT3
  • steve-norrell
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • The Great Land - Alaska
    • BT3100-1

The Ryobi Sliding Miter table is pretty good as is. However, the Incra Miter gauge is thought of as an upgrade.

To use it you need to install either the Ryobi dual slot add-on (available in the accessory package or from E-Bay vendors) or a shop-built add-on. The problem with the Ryobi table is that the slots are not true T-slots and the miter gauge can 'tip out'. In my experience, the Incra gauge does not take kindly to hitting a concrete floor.

A better solution, IMHO, is a shop-built table using true T-slots. There are plenty of examples on this forum, but here is a photo of one I use.

Good luck, Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

not unless you add a miter slot to the saw. Which is something easy to do and many have done.
      The BT3 comes with a good SMT that was designed to replace a miter slot for crosscuts and is my opinion preferential to a miter gauge for that purpose.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gary
        • May 2004
        • Versailles, KY, USA.

I've used Incra miter sliders with a BT3. It does work but the slots on the BT3 are made of very soft metal (softer then the Incra). It can tears them up a bit but it does work. I don't know if the 1000e uses the same type slider but I'd guess it does. HTH
        Gary

Comment

Working...