This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonstl

Returning after a few years - need parts for upgrade

It's been a while since I've posted here or at the Ryobi Tool Forums, but I've had a BT3000 for a fair number of years. It's seen only modest use for the last five or so, but I'm breaking it out again lately and my project for this coming week is putting a nicer cabinet under it.

I'd like to upgrade the saw to the BT3100 shims - both the shims on the engine lift and the apparently easier blade guard shims. Tracking down Ryobi parts seems harder than I'd like, but I've had good luck with Sears parts service for its Craftsman tools.

It sounds like the Craftsman 22811 was equivalent to the BT3000, and the 21829 is the equivalent of the BT3100. Have things changed any further? Is there anything I should worry about in ordering Craftsman parts for a Ryobi saw?

Thanks!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

those q's all addressed in the FAQ which i just sent you.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• woodhak

Faq

LCIEN
      Could you send me the link to those FAQs? i am new to this forum and learning to navigate this site.
      i have owned the BT3000 for a long time but had not used it in 5 years. now that i have dug it out and started using it the saw started binding when i raised it, When i took it apart the sheet metal lining the guides had come loose and jambed in place. Are these the "shims" refered to that need replacing?

i found this forum when i was looking for a way to add a standard miter slot to my saw. is there such an accessory?

thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Woodhak, check out Loring's Signature line!
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Originally posted by woodhak
          i found this forum when i was looking for a way to add a standard miter slot to my saw. is there such an accessory?
          Yup... Here is a link to Ebay for this item. Others have simply built their own from scratch. You can inlay a slot channel into just about any old board...

Comment

• woodhak

Thanks Uncle

At $46 bucks for the miter slot i think i will try building my own.

Comment

Working...