• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomH in WI
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2009

bt3000 vs bt3001

Hi guys,
    I am new here and just wondering which is better the bt3000 or the bt3001?
    Could you talk about the diferences between the two please.
    Thanks,
    Tom
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Rather than BT3001, you are probably meaning BT3100, right? There is much info about the evolution of the models and the differences, to be found in "Lchien"s FAQ. PM him with your e-mail addy, and he'll send it to you...

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I have both. 3000 in Japan and 3100 in the US. The 3100 has an improved shim setup and is painted slightly more vibrant colors. The 3100 has a normal contractor saw type of stand. The 3100 also has a much less-liked plastic height/angle adjuster wheel.

Me - I like the stand of the 3000 better. Overall, If I were to choose between the two, I would choose the 3000 and personally fix the shim problem. Still, there is not that much difference in operation and results.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

the BT3 FAQ describes in detail the differences between the BT3000 and the BT3100 if that's what you are aksing about. Also the various Sears editios of the same saw.

Plus about 100 other frequently asked questions.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Garasaki
          • Sep 2006

My opinion:

The practical differences between the saws are so minor, if you are on the market for a BT3 family saw, consider them both the same.
          -John

"Look, I can't surrender without orders. I mean they emphasized that to me particularly. I don't know exactly why. The guy said "Blake, never surrender without checking"
          -Henry Blake

Comment

Working...