• Show
Clear All
  • rcp612
    Established Member
    • May 2005
    • Mount Vernon, OH, USA.
    • Bosch 4100-09

Questions now, not a sale yet.

I’m getting ready to sell my BT3 with the mobile base.
    The base has been a great feature and has been well used but, at 6’ long overall, I will not have the space for it, not to mention the desire to keep having to move it for access to the rest of my tools. What do you guys think if I was to offer it for $375.00? Would that be a fair price?
    All the original parts are with it with the exception of the plastic ends on the SMT fence. (Amazing how they don’t last long after being cut)
    I’m currently using the original stand for my jointer but, plan on building a cabinet style base for that to include more enclosed storage, so that would also be included.
    The router table includes the Craftsman deluxe fence and a Rockler insert plate.
    Don’t get me wrong, it could stand a little TLC as in refinishing the table top and possibly re-routing the dust collection ports at the router table end. The top was finished with 3 coats of enamel, 3 coats of polyurethane, and a LOT of Johnson’s paste wax. The entire unit is ¾” MDF with glue/screw construction. It is VERY heavy, but rolls around my shop easily.
    The saw base is made up by layering 5 or 6 layers of lumber ( my thought that ALL vibration would be eliminated) with threaded inserts to bolt the saw down, enabling the use of shims to level the table tops.
    It has served me well but, with the imminent down-sizing of our lives very soon, and the reduction in shop space and time, I must sell it.
    So, what do you guys think, am I too high for this? Do you feel that it would be a good value for the price?
    As I mentioned, it is not for sale yet, just sooner than I had expected.
    Thanks, Roger
    Attached Files
    Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

First, let me say what a wonderful setup you have.

I'm no expert on price. I think a nice BT3K would fetch about $200. Your cabinet and router table clearly add a lot of value. $175? Maybe. it could be good place to start.

JR
    JR

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

It looks like a very nice setup. And, as with any item of value, the "magic number" only has to appeal to one person...

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
        • Dec 2006
        • hagerstown, md

That's a really nice setup. What are you planning on replacing the bt with?

I'd love something like that but I'd need to offload my bt3 and my bosch router table first. I'm guessing Ohio is a day away from Western MD.
        パトリック
        daiku woodworking
        ^deshi^
        neoshed

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

My guess is that it would be a decent price, as long as everything works as well as the picture makes it look. Nice setup. Hope the buyer is a weight lifter.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• RAFlorida
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
            • Ryobi BT3000

That is one really great looking setup.

Wish I had the dollars and the space, we'd be dealing. You'll find a buy for it!

Comment

• thestinker
              • Oct 2005
              • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

I think you would get that price with out a problem.

Riley
              Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

• herb fellows
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2007
                • New York City
                • bt3100

Agreed. The cabinetry makes it a bargain at that price.
                You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

I have to ask. Why is the rear rail split like that?
                  Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• jhgrady
                    Established Member
                    • Jul 2003
                    • Alexandria, Va, USA.

Its a great setup - you'll get your price.

John

Comment

Working...