• Show
Clear All
  • TCOTTLE
    Established Member
    • May 2009
    • Greenbush Maine
    • Ryobi BT3000

BT3K Casters.

I was planning on getting the BT3KIT to get the router addons, dado TP and casters. I just traded for a decent router table, and when I got my planer, the guy gave me a dado TP. I do not need 100.00 casters. I know the bolt pattern is 2" across centers, but can someone tell me how tall of a caster I need, so I can just pick some up at the BORG. I wont be moving it around much, but this weekend, I am cleaning the shop, and it is in the way. I forgot to get this measurement, and I am at work.
  • headhunter636
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • Federal Way, WA
    • Ryobi BT 3000

I just used some 3 inch castors from HF. I have a 2x4 frams under the saw so I have a place to mount them. Works out great.
    Dave

BT3000

"98% of all statistics are made up"

Comment

• TCOTTLE
      Established Member
      • May 2009
      • Greenbush Maine
      • Ryobi BT3000

I hope to mount them to the factory locations, but if I cannot find the right size, that is always on option. Thanks.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

they are standard sized castors.
        But, I never liked them on the BT3000, on the BT3100 its worse because the legs angle away from the floor, you have to tilt the saw even more to get it onto the wheels to roll.

I like my HTC2000 base much better.

besides, you'll be lucky to get the kit anymore, except on eBay.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

Originally posted by TCOTTLE
          I hope to mount them to the factory locations, but if I cannot find the right size, that is always on option. Thanks.
          Post a WTB (want to buy) in the member classifieds. People are bound to have them around, not using them.
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Tom Slick
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
            • sears BT3 clone

I put regular castors on my bt3 and ended up taking them off. the saw wiggles even with them locked. I put a mobile base kit on instead.
            Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• TCOTTLE
              Established Member
              • May 2009
              • Greenbush Maine
              • Ryobi BT3000

My plan is to just put the 2 casters on the side, with washers to angle them down like I saw someone do here, and put a handle on it. I literally will need to move it 2 - 3 times a year, so investing in a mobile base for me would not be fiscally responsible, I have a drill press to purchase
              It's a bear to pickup, and I do not want to drag it across the floor.
              You can order the kits from HD .
              Thanks for suggestions, I will go pickup some 4 inch casters on my lunch break.

Comment

• Tom Slick
                Veteran Member
                • May 2005
                • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                • sears BT3 clone

Disreguard my above post, I forgot there is a "factory" spot to install castors on the sides of the legs. Do you have a 3000 or 3100? those side casters didn't work so well on my 3100 but if you are only moving it a couple of times they are good enough.
                Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• TCOTTLE
                  Established Member
                  • May 2009
                  • Greenbush Maine
                  • Ryobi BT3000

3000. Thanks

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
                    • Dec 2006
                    • hagerstown, md

Do you have the rectangular frame stand or the splayed legs?

If you have the rectangular bt3 one get yourself a piece of emt and 4 u bolts. Drill the frame the place the u bolts and then slide the emt in so that it goes in both pairs. You want the u bolts close to the one end and then about two thirds from there.

When you need to move it just pull out the pipe, lift and move. When done just slide the pipes back in.

I didn't come up with this idea btw....but it works great.
                    パトリック
                    daiku woodworking
                    ^deshi^
                    neoshed

Comment

• billstr
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2007

I just used the original casters with washers and it works fine. I made a fancy set of wheelbarrow handles on the opposite side just because I wanted to, but pipe and u-bolts work fine. Don't get into the habit of using the rails though.

Here is a link to some shop photos of the modifications. You may have to copy and paste it into the browser if it doesn't automatically convert to a link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/gr8nwlv...7600892398473/

Comment

Working...