This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodshopqueen

Locking Blade at 90 deg to table.

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem getting my blade on BT3000 to lock back at 90 after a bevel cut. It positions at 90 then when I tighten it down, it drops back a degree or so. Any Idea's? BTW, I'm new to this so be gentle.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

yes, i have the BT3000 an I have to futz with it a little to get it to lock the angle. As you tighten the lever lock for the bevel angle just before it locks (the alternate gearing is engaged) it seems to be loose and will shift a half a degree or so.
    I usually hold the wheel to the stop to set it and keep it at 90 while securing the lever lock.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Duane867
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2009

Have you checked to make sure the handle is actually locking back into normal raising position before you tighten the locking handle ?
      Luckily mine doesn't do that.........yet

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

I do what Loring does - hold the wheel in place with a firm grip while locking.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

I've had this problem with different brands of saws. It may be just a wear factor, or debris, but once back at 90 degrees and tightened, recheck the blade angle (if any) before using. Don't just assume it's 90 degrees. On some brands, cranking the blade all the way to a stop may be just a tad past 90 degrees. So, just to be sure...check it.

Comment

• Woodshopqueen

Locking Blade at 90 deg to table.

Thanks everyone, I actually cleaned out some of the debris and tried holding it in place while locking it down, seemed to work better. Still requires a little futzing around, but atleast it checks out at 90.

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Woodshopqueen
              Thanks everyone, I actually cleaned out some of the debris and tried holding it in place while locking it down, seemed to work better. Still requires a little futzing around, but atleast it checks out at 90.
              I should have noted that I use a registration square (square with a base) set against the blade and watch it as I hold and tighten. I watch that to make sure it does not jump off by half a degree as I hold the handle and tighten the lever.
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...