• Show
Clear All
  • headhunter636
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • Federal Way, WA
    • Ryobi BT 3000

Mounting a router to the BT3000

The shim problem has been fixed and the saw is back together again. While I had it apart, I took some time to make sure I cleaned everything I could get my hands on and lube anything else that moved.

That all being said, I am thinking about mounting a router to the BT3000. I know there was a router mounting bracket system available but has anyone mounted a router with a homemade option? I have a Craftsman router table that I've had for a while but it takes up a little more space than I would like, so I thought I would just use the saw for all it is worth.

Thanks for all the help and write-ups on shims replacement, it really helped out.

Dave
    Last edited by headhunter636; 09-18-2009, 10:32 AM. Reason: My spelling is horrible, along with my grammar.
    Dave

BT3000

"98% of all statistics are made up"
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I know someone has a template around here someplace for the mount.

I have a spare mount plate. (Came with my saw, I also had a full Ryobi router accessory kit for the BT given to me). I would be happy to send it to your for the cost of Shipping. PM me if you are interested...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...plate-template
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

I simply drilled and counter sunk the router accessory table to accept my router. I used a piece of gasket material for some padding between the router and table bottom. The only hard part was centering the router under the hole.

Bill

Comment

• Duane867
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2009

Just make a wooden plate and use T- nut fasteners on the back side of the wood for the mounting screws through the table.

Comment

Working...