BT3000 parts wanted for a charitable donation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

BT3000 parts wanted for a charitable donation.

Background info...

I have a dead BT3000 (early 13 amp model) that is in need of a few parts to get going properly again, and was hoping folks might be able to point me in the right direction...

My concept here is to rebuild the saw, and donate it to the church construction ministry.

#1. The motor is dead, as far as I can tell anyway. Bypassing the switched side receptacle thingy did not fix the issue. The brushes look good, and beyond that I am not sure what to look for. Help with fixing the original motor, or a low $$ replacement is needed. This is a 13 amp motor. Not sure if a 15 amp can be used as a replacement, but I think so...

#2. The accessory table is missing. I would like to replace that. Again as low $$ as possible.

#3. The splitter / blade guard are missing.

#4. The wrenches are missing.

#5. The handle part to the handwheel is missing.

I know BT3Central Members are good for pointing folks in the right direction... And even though I could make a few bucks from stripping this saw for parts, I would MUCH rather see it go to do some good in the community...

Any and all help you guys and gals could give me in getting this thing back up and working would be appreciated...

FWIW, I am planning on building one of those small rolling base cabinets for it since the OE base is gone as well...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

I might still have my blade guard, minus the splitter. I never use it. If I have it and can find it I will send it to you. I don't remember if I gave it away already or not. You could probably cut a new splitter out of some aluminum.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
      • Dec 2006
      • hagerstown, md

I think I have the spanners (wrenches) somewhere in the shop so you could have them as I never use them. Let me know and I'll go have a search.

I have a smt that you could have but no accessory table as I already got rid of it. Do you want the dual mitre slot thingy?

You could also have the original 3k rolling stand but the shipping would be a bit pricey.
      パトリック
      daiku woodworking
      ^deshi^
      neoshed

Comment

• Bluecrayfish

Donation for BT3000

Hello all. I'm new to the board but I've had the 13 amp 3000 for 10 yrs.

I'd like to propose that I will donate my like new (but 10 yrs old) complete guard assembly with splitter to dbhost's cause. Also, I will make a new handle for the wheel on the front out of some exotic hardwood (read- whatever's in the bin) to donate to the project. But there is a "catch":

I'd like Bauhaus to "donate" the "dual mitre slot thingy" to me. I think the guard assembly and handle I'm offering might be more useful for a saw you're giving away. I think that this is a great idea to rehab this saw for a needy group. Maybe Habitat could use it? Anyway great idea for the community. If you guys are interested let me know.

Bauhaus- I'm also looking for a few small odds and ends for my bt3000. If you have stuff you want to get rid of I'll send you a list of what I need for my baby. Lets see if we can all help each other out.

dbhost- if you don't end up with my guard I could make you the splitter part out of aluminum like crokett suggested- I'd happily do that for you.

Anyway good to meet you guys. Later! -Brian

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

I'd be happy with whatever help folks could offer. I just hate to see this saw go to waste when there are groups out there needing tools to do community work. And the BT is a great saw!

I'm good with the swap, however I do think that a lot of folks are going to be a bit confused by the BTs lack of miter slots... I can rig up a shop built miter slot table awfully quick though, so no worries there...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Bluecrayfish

Never mind- I'm an idiot. Can't fing the guard to trade

Gosh do I feel dumb. Went out to get the guard, and realized I must've chucked it after hauling it around for years, not using it. If I have an epiphany and find it, I'll let you know. I'll still make the handle if you don't find one by the time you're ready to gift the saw.

Bauhaus- still interested in whatever dbhost doesn't want- though he should get first dibs since it is a charitable project. (But I expect to pay for it unless you really just want it gone.)

Sorry to clog the board with my idiocy.

-Brian

Comment

• Tom Slick
              Veteran Member
              • May 2005
              • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
              • sears BT3 clone

If you're interested in shipping the motor to me I'll look at it's repair-ability for free.

first way to trouble shoot the motor is to smell it. Burnt plastic smell = toss.
              Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• mschrank
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2004
                • Hood River, OR, USA.
                • BT3000

If you're still looking for one, I've got a complete blade guard/splitter. PM me an address and I'll send it off.

If you're not in a huge hurry, I might also have a base to pass on to you within the next month or so. I've been intending to make a mobile base for mine for about 5 years , this might be the final impetus I need.
                Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

Working...