SMT Base Issues

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kaydee
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • 33
    • N. California
    • BT3000

    #1

    SMT Base Issues

    Hello Gurus,

    I need help with the Miter table base!

    The SMT wasn't moving freely and lot of dirt underneath. Therefore, I removed the SMT assembly and then removed the 4 screws that hold the SMT to the base. All that was easy and I was thinking putting it back together would be easy too :-(

    Now I'm trying to put things back together and looking at the diagrams isn't helping. I'm not able to decipher how the "slide (A) and slide (B)" go together. The Slide(A) & Slide(B) nomenclature is from Figure 60 on Page 43 of the manual.

    I have 2 of the Slide-B (#28 in the picture) and 4 of the Slide-A (#25) and 4 screws and nuts+washers. How do these plastic slides and the screws go together at the bottom of the SMT and attach the SMT to the miter base? The exploded diagram from the manual doesn't seem to help. The picture does not show how the SMT is attached to the base.

    1. Does anyone have a picture/video of how the slides fit together and make the SMT travel smoothly on the miter base?
    2. Do I have all the parts (total of 6 plastic slides).
    3. One of the slides is worn out a bit. Good idea to get a replacement?

    Thanks for all your help

    -kd
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • 9562
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #2
    Sorry about the slow reply. Since the BT3x00 series included the BT3000, BT3000SX, BT3100, BT3100-1, Craftsman 22811 (?), and Craftsman 21829 a little specificity would help. I believe each model has its own manual as there were additions and such over time...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

    Comment

    • Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • 5513
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

      #3
      Contrary to what DB posted there is no difference between the saws in the area you are having problems. I do not know of any pics of assembly to help you. I'll try to remember to take some and post.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure


      marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

      Head servant of the forum

      ©

      Comment

      • dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • 9562
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

        #4
        Sorry about the misunderstanding. The difference is not so much the saws, but the manuals. The OP posted specific pages out of "the manual" and thought it would be most helpful for everyone to be on the same page.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

        Comment

        • leehljp
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • 8803
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

          #5
          I will add that the slides are reversible, so they have two lives unless they are broken in half at the screw point.

          I am traveling at the moment and don't have access to my saw to look and describe the way to put them back on. I used to know it by heart, but it has been a long time since I replaced a set.
          Hank Lee

          Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

          Comment

          • Black wallnut
            cycling to health
            • Jan 2003
            • 5513
            • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
            • BT3k 1999

            #6
            By the time I remembered this it's too late to stumble out to my shed and click a few pics. Viewing the BT3000 manual hosted on BT3Central on page 34 of the PDF it is real clear. There is an upper slide that is in the form of a T and a lower slide in the shape of a U, one of each on each corner of the smt.
            Donate to my Tour de Cure


            marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

            Head servant of the forum

            ©

            Comment

            • kaydee
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2006
              • 33
              • N. California
              • BT3000

              #7
              SMT base issues

              Thanks Black Wallnut. Appreciate your help

              I do know there are 4 slides and my doubt was if all the four slides were identical, two part fixtures, as the description and picture shows on P 34. In my table, two of the screwes only had one slide (the T shaped one).

              My next issue is how the slides attach the SMT to the base so that the SMT easily slides in the track. This is where a picture would immensely help.

              -kd

              Comment

              • Black wallnut
                cycling to health
                • Jan 2003
                • 5513
                • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                • BT3k 1999

                #8
                The leg of the T fits into the channel of the U capturing the outside of the SMT base represented by the dash, the screw is the l:
                T
                l-
                U
                Last edited by Black wallnut; 07-31-2009, 09:01 AM.
                Donate to my Tour de Cure


                marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

                Head servant of the forum

                ©

                Comment

                • crokett
                  The Full Monte
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 10627
                  • Mebane, NC, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

                  #9
                  I can't get to my manual right now but went and looked at my saw. If you only have 6 parts I think you are missing some. I have 4 slides, one on each corner of the SMT and each slide has 2 parts. The top piece has a flat top and a U-shaped bottom with a notch in each leg of the U. The bottom piece has a standoff on 2 sides that fit in the notchs on the top piece. The bottom of the bottom piece is also U-shaped. When you stack them together they fit around the edge of the base to the SMT. The screw goes through the SMT, through the top part of the slide then into the bottom part of the slide. The notch/standoff align the two pieces of the slide.
                  David

                  The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

                  Comment

                  • Black wallnut
                    cycling to health
                    • Jan 2003
                    • 5513
                    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                    • BT3k 1999

                    #10
                    Ask and just sometimes you shall receive! Link
                    Lots of pics and even instructions! Enjoy the pictorial.
                    Donate to my Tour de Cure


                    marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

                    Head servant of the forum

                    ©

                    Comment

                    Working...