motor compatibility

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pbui3057
    Established Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 114
    • Mather, CA
    • BT3000

    #16
    You think yours was pricey... I should have shown you this BT3100!!

    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/1175611172.html

    What a steal!!!

    Comment

    • poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 3196
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

      #17
      Originally posted by pbui3057
      You think yours was pricey... I should have shown you this BT3100!!

      http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/1175611172.html

      What a steal!!!
      Thats hilarious - LOL
      Jon

      Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
      ________________________________

      We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

      Comment

      • poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • 3196
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

        #18
        Just got back from picking up a very very clean BT3100. It looks to be one of the earlier 3100s as it still has the Black rocker switch as opposed to the colored one on my saw but I would hope the motor on here is compatible with my saw.

        I will now have a bunch of very nice parts to resell once I have taken those I want to keep.
        Jon

        Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
        ________________________________

        We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

        Comment

        • poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • 3196
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

          #19
          OK so I am confused about the whole date code thing. this new 3100 I just picked up has 0696 as the last 4 digits of the SN. So does that mean manufactured in 2006 as I though the last 2 meant the week number and as best I recall there are only 52 weeks in a year. Also when did they finally stop making and shipping them here in the US.

          I just checkd the SN of my saw and its 0262 again does this mean 2002 which sounds about right as I recall buying it in 2003/4 (still not 62 weeks in a year and I know it wasnt made in 1962!!).

          The funny thing is that my saw has a power SW like this


          As opposed to this one which is on the 3100 I just got.


          I would have thought mine was newer given the SW. I am sure I could be wrong but now am just confused
          Jon

          Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
          ________________________________

          We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

          Comment

          • Jim Frye
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • 1364
            • Maumee, OH, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

            #20
            Originally posted by poolhound
            OK so I am confused about the whole date code thing. this new 3100 I just picked up has 0696 as the last 4 digits of the SN. I am sure I could be wrong but now am just confused
            Isn't the date code on the BT3100s the first four numbers? I just lent my BT3100 to my Son, so I can't check the label but I am pretty sure the S/N is X02310005. I got mine from Wayne Hill at Ryobi for evaluation and testing right when they were announced. Sam got one also, so his S/N should be pretty close. The date code on the BT3Ks was the last four digits, but they were separated by a blank from the rest of the serial number. The character string on my BT3100 is all consecutive characters.
            Last edited by Jim Frye; 05-18-2009, 05:50 PM.
            Jim Frye
            The Nut in the Cellar.
            I've gone out to look for myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

            Comment

            • poolhound
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2006
              • 3196
              • Phoenix, AZ
              • BT3100

              #21
              Originally posted by Jim Frye
              Isn't the date code on the BT3100s the first four numbers? I just lent my BT3100 to my Son, so I can't check the label but I am pretty sure the S/N is X02310005. I got mine from Wayne Hill at Ryobi for evaluation and testing right when they were announced. Sam got one also, so his S/N should be pretty close. The date code on the BT3Ks was the last four digits, but they were separated by a blank from the rest of the serial number. The character string on my BT3100 is all consecutive characters.
              That makes much more sense as the first 4 of this saw are also 0231
              Jon

              Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
              ________________________________

              We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
              techzibits.com

              Comment

              Working...