X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myersd
    Handtools only
    • Nov 2007

Height Adjustment slipping

I own a bt3000 and after changing the belts...the height adjustment slips when cranking. It actually slips and causes the blade angle to change sometimes. Anyone have a "how to" or a suggestion on how to fix this?
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by myersd
    I own a bt3000 and after changing the belts...the height adjustment slips when cranking. It actually slips and causes the blade angle to change sometimes. Anyone have a "how to" or a suggestion on how to fix this?
    Something is amiss with the lever that locks the mechanisim in elevation/tilt mode. Either you are not getting it fully locked or it got dirt in it while you were changing the belts. Is the lever completely to the left for elevation? On my saw, it is allmost touching the tilt indicator when it is fully locked. When you are cranking the elevation adjustment, do you hear a clicking noise? You should.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

the lever that switches between tilt and elevation is "loose" on mine, I sometimes have to hold it to the left or right while I amd cranking to keep it fully engaged, if it slips to the middle then you get a little of both or neither.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

With all the rotating sometimes the center allen bolt comes loose and can cause the symptoms you decribe. Check and tighten it if necessary.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

The bolt in the center of the cranking wheel loosened and caused this problem in mine. I tightened it, and no problems since.

Comment

• myersd
            Handtools only
            • Nov 2007

Thanks for the replies. I will check the dirt issue and the bolt issue tonight. Hopefully...that is all it is.

Comment

Working...