• Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Arbor Nut Replacement

I lost my arbor nut, and I know the only hope I have of finding it again is to replace it. As we all know, once we spend money to replace an object, the original magically reappears...

Anyway, do I need an actual Ryobi nut, or will a generic 5/8" nut work? I know they are left handed threaded, but is the nut different, or is it just turned the opposite way? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but the last thing I want it to strip the arbor.
    Joe
  • jabe
    • Apr 2006
    • Hilo, Hawaii
    • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

It does not have to be a Ryobi, it can be from another brand saw with 5/8" arbor.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

its just threaded the opposite way.
      I recall from past discussions, If you go to Ace Hardware, I think they have them in their parts bins, generic left hand threaded 5/8" nuts; almost all table saws and circular saws use them so they are easy to get compared to almost any other left-handed nuts. Not real expensive.

If not at Ace, then any power tool repair place/service center (B&D, Porter cable/Delta, dewalt, etc) should have them.

BTW, its good to have a spare, keeps anything from happening to the original.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-26-2009, 08:03 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

It takes a few days but I like McMaster Carr for things like this.

Jim

Comment

Working...