• Show
Clear All
  • pbui3057
    Established Member
    • Jul 2008
    • Mather, CA
    • BT3000

Mobile BT3x00

Does anyone know if you can mount a BT3x00 on a BTS21 cart? I have a BTS21 and like it but would like to have a BT3x00. Someone locally is selling one and it seems to be reasonably priced. I don't have the space, however, so I need to have something that can be folded up and moved out of the way when not in use.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Weight-wise I think it would work but I am not sure about the saw body fitting the stand. You could come up with some sort of adapter plate. It might be easier to find the Sears clone - it is a BT3000 on a fold-up stand similar to the BTS21.
    Last edited by crokett; 12-13-2008, 08:35 PM.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Bigbit
      Established Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Southern California
      • BT3100-1

You may want to consider the Bosch table saw stand:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067IX1K

In the reviews section, one guy notes that he successfully mounted his BT3000 on it.

Comment

• pbui3057
        Established Member
        • Jul 2008
        • Mather, CA
        • BT3000

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I could sell my BTS21 on CL and get a new table saw. I really like the mobile stand and didn't want to shell out hundreds of dollars with xmas right now. Are there any technical drawings for the base on the BT3? I want to see if the mounting holes are similar. An adapter plate is a good idea though. Probably be pretty easy to do. Hmmm...

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

I don't think the mounting holes are similar. As I recall the BTS21 mounts through the sides of the saw body. The BT3000 mounts through feet on the bottom.

You might also just roll your own folding stand out of wood.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

I have the BTS-21, and honestly, the footprint of the saw folded is only half of it set up, unless you are super pinched for space, at least in my case, it makes more sense to leave the saw set up.... My BTS-21 is a PITA to set up in a small area because you have to have enough room to move it around while you rotate it up into position... Just set up the BT you get on a mobile base and wheel it out of the way if you can...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Bigbit
              Established Member
              • Aug 2007
              • Southern California
              • BT3100-1

pbui3057, if you are still looking for the Bt3100 cart, check out this listing on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOLDING-SAW-STAN...3A1%7C294%3A50

Comment

• pbui3057
                Established Member
                • Jul 2008
                • Mather, CA
                • BT3000

Hey thanks for the link on the tool stand. I am sticking with my bts-21 for now. We'll see what happens later.

Imagine a small 2 car garage. Now split it in half. And the half again. And then again. Now quarter it and I MIGHT have that much space!!! Mobility and double duty are key to my not so working workshop! Good thing is we are putting in a sunroom so a lot of things that are in there will go out there. I hope.

Comment

• Bigbit
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Southern California
                  • BT3100-1

Originally posted by pbui3057
                  Hey thanks for the link on the tool stand. I am sticking with my bts-21 for now. We'll see what happens later.

Imagine a small 2 car garage. Now split it in half. And the half again. And then again. Now quarter it and I MIGHT have that much space!!! Mobility and double duty are key to my not so working workshop! Good thing is we are putting in a sunroom so a lot of things that are in there will go out there. I hope.
                  Know the feeling. I am also restricted to a 2-car garage, 1 bay containing my 1962 Ford Econoline pick-up. The other half is split between the laundry pair, a storage area, and my very cramped work area...

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

If you can, look into putting a shed in, and stuff your garage storage goodies in there... I have been stowing my garage stuff in the attic as best I can, but I need a shed. Put the workshop in the largest available space...

With your space constraints, I would suggest you watch your local Craigslist and try to snatch up a used Shopsmith. Even if you have to wheel it out into the driveway, the amount of space they take up is about that of a mountain bike..
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dindallas
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Feb 2004
                      • Dallas, Tx.

Has anyone seen a design for adding casters to a table saw which utilizes two 1x4s, a pair of hinges and the casters? The 1x4s are hinged together in parallel - one has the casters attached and the other is bolted to the legs. You flip the caster side down under (flat sides are touching each other) when you want to move the saw. Most of the time, the legs are on the floor.

Sorry I don't have pictures or a better description. I can't remember where I saw the design but it is simple, inexpensive, and easy to make and use.

Has anyone used this method?

Comment

• leehljp
                        Just me
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Tunica, MS
                        • BT3000/3100

CAUTION: One thing not mentioned above (I could have missed it) but one of the problems with the BT3000/3100 is - if the regular stand is not put together square and nuts/bolts TIGHT, the stand will 'cant' just a smidgen on unlevel floors, and then the alignment of things in the saw becomes just enough discombobulated, irritate and throw off the accuracies that the saw is known for. It will still operate like a job site saw but the pure accuracy of a solid stand is gone.

If you added the BT3000/3100 to the BT21 cart, make sure it is a sturdy cart, such as the one that comes with the Sears saw. IF it is somewhat flexible, make sure it is on a level surface when sawing.
                        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• dbhost
                          Slow and steady
                          • Apr 2008
                          • League City, Texas
                          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by dindallas
                          Has anyone seen a design for adding casters to a table saw which utilizes two 1x4s, a pair of hinges and the casters? The 1x4s are hinged together in parallel - one has the casters attached and the other is bolted to the legs. You flip the caster side down under (flat sides are touching each other) when you want to move the saw. Most of the time, the legs are on the floor.

Sorry I don't have pictures or a better description. I can't remember where I saw the design but it is simple, inexpensive, and easy to make and use.

Has anyone used this method?
                          The previous owner of my saw set up a rig similar to this on mine. I will try to get in and snap some pics as soon as I pick up some fresh batteries for it.

Comment

• dindallas
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Feb 2004
                            • Dallas, Tx.

Making a BT3100 Mobile

I would be interested in seeing the pictures of how someone attached casters.
                            Thanks

Comment

• dbhost
                              Slow and steady
                              • Apr 2008
                              • League City, Texas
                              • Ryobi BT3100

Sorry, I got sidetracked last night... Will post up pics ASAP...

Comment

Working...