• Show
Clear All
  • Tomween1
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2008
    • Vermont
    • Ryobi BT3000

BT3x00 rails

Well I've looked and researched quite a bit regarding rails.
    1) which rails are longer 3000 or 3200?
    2)Which saw has the black rail set? I think they are from either the Sears model or the 3100. I'm not sure.

With this having been said, does anyone know the difference and maybe even a part #?

Also does anyone know the Sears full part # for their saw? 22811 & 21829 aren't good numbers to use when trying to find replacement parts. I even called their parts dept direct and they couldn't help me without the full part #.

Thanks, Tom
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

I believe all the BT rails are the same length.

The 21829 rails are longer, almost 6" longer. They do have a small bit of difference in the extrusions too. The 21829 front rail is wider where the number tape is, and it extends below the bottom slot on the underside of the rail at that same front edge. All of the slots and other surfaces are the same as the BT rails. The extrusion itself is a little bit thinner than the older rails too.
    Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

all those questions answered in my FAQ.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Tomween1
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2008
        • Vermont
        • Ryobi BT3000

Pelligrini thank you, this is what I thoght however do you know the full Sears p#s

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

Sorry, I don't have the numbers. I picked up a second set of 21829 rails from a member who wanted to keep his black BT rails. The ones from the 21829 don't show up used very often. The BT ones do though, and they're usually much cheaper than buying new.

I think the faq does have several part number lists.
          Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

here's the exact quote from the FAQ:

For repair parts, here’s the direct
            link to the sears saw parts list and diagrams (or go

to the Sears parts website www3.sears.com and search for parts for the 315.228110 -the BT3000
            equivalent) or 315.218290 –the BT3100 equivalent); since the saws are nearly identical except as
            noted before, most parts should fit and Sears will be around. Check both models since, curiously,
            parts for one are sometime much cheaper than parts for the other despite being identical (two
            cases in point – seemingly identical blade wrenches in the 22811 parts breakdown are half the
            cost of the ones for the 21829 parts breakdown. Same for the belts, $19 for the 21829 but $9.50

for the ones for the 22811 which should be identical.)

(for the record, this appears to be my 10,000th post)
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...