• Show
Clear All
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

Holy smokes! That's a lot of parts!

How about a crosscut sled until you can figure out a more permanent solution to the marking issue?
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• shoottx
      Veteran Member
      • May 2008
      • Plano, Texas
      • BT3000

There is something outline if three coats of wax and T( Boeshield won't correct the problem.

I also believe for the amount of work you are undertaking I would add the miter slots on both sides of the saw and then build a sled.
      Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• mpauly
        Established Member
        • Apr 2006
        • NJ

short term fix might be to put a layer of packing tape or blue tape over the top. That might get you through your current job and while not attractive, shouldn't effect any accuracy or add any interference with moving parts.

Michae

Comment

• shoottx
          Veteran Member
          • May 2008
          • Plano, Texas
          • BT3000

Originally posted by mpauly
          short term fix might be to put a layer of packing tape or blue tape over the top. That might get you through your current job and while not attractive, shouldn't effect any accuracy or add any interference with moving parts.

Michae

That ir cover the top with 1/8 in hard board untill you hahe time to figure out the alignment issue.
          Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

Working...