• Show
Clear All
  • thereefgeek
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2008
    • Isleton, CA
    • BT-3000

1st post, & worlds fastest shipping from T-Nuts.Com

Hello everyone, my name is Rich VanDusen and I'm new to the BT3K forums, but not the saw it's self. I've gleaned an immense amount of information on the in's and out's of the saw by lurking around here recently and I'm working on "tuning up" my own BT-3000 for a little more precision.

While building a new extension-wing router table, a miter slot table to the left of the blade, and a few fence attachments, I realized I needed to place an order with T-Nuts.com. Yesterday morning I counted up all the nuts I'd need for the rails and fences (plus a few extra), and by 10:30 had placed my order. The cheapest shipping was about $4 via USPS so I anticipated seeing them in my mailbox in 3-5 days.

I didn't realize his shop was in West Sacramento (less than 30 miles from my home) until I received my confirmation email, but I figured $4 in postage is still cheaper than $4/gallon for gas. At 1 p.m. I received a phone call from Robert telling me he just happend to be in Folsom with his family that afternoon and also had my order in the car with him. He offered to drop them off at my house (to save the postage) and even reminded me that I forgot to input the BT3K discount code for the additional 10% off. By the time I got home from work at 4 p.m. my order and a revised invoice were waiting for me on my front porch!

At less than 5 hours, that has to be a world record for the fastest shipping and the best customer service ever. The funny thing was that when I was selecting my shipping option I noticed that I could get Fed-Ex overnight at about $60 for that 6 oz. package of T-Nuts!!! Thanks again Robert.
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

welcome to the forum!

that is an amazing story and thanks for sharing it with us. you have just joined the best on-line family. i have yet to order any nuts, but i see it very close in the near future, as i am about to build some extension tables as well.

catch you around,

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Welcome aboard, Robert! Glad you have found us helpful thus far...

That was indeed a very stand-up bit of customer service on your T-Nuts order!

Comment

• cgallery
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Milwaukee, WI
        • BT3K

Great story. I've ordered from t-nuts a few times and will certainly order more. I've always had top-notch service and I like their reasonable shipping rates.

Comment

• Len
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2007
          • Cary, NC
          • BT3000

Sounds suspiciously like an S&H gloat to me!! ;^))

Len

Comment

• thereefgeek
            Forum Newbie
            • Jul 2008
            • Isleton, CA
            • BT-3000

Originally posted by Len
            Sounds suspiciously like an S&H gloat to me!! ;^))

Len
            Not quite sure what that meant, but the service was legit none the less.

The saw is a '92 edition (based on serial # info) and I inherited it from my father in-law back in 2000. He used it well, mostly as a contractor’s saw, so it bounced around in the back of his truck most of the time. Needless to say it needed a bit of TLC to bring it back into relative precision with the motor alignment shims, and the rails which were(are) used for carting it around. The SMT still needs some tuning, but I’m not quite ready to give an opinion on that little feature of the Ryobi saws (at least not publicly ).

I grew up learning woodworking from my dad, eventually evolving into becoming a contractor and a finish carpenter myself. Now I'm a Construction Inspector for the City of Folsom and only get to make sawdust for fun, but my most recent hobby is building hardwood spear guns for freediving and underwater hunting off the Pacific coast.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Originally posted by thereefgeek
              Not quite sure what that meant...
              Shipping and Handling Gloat... done when you get free shipping on something.

Comment

• gsmittle
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                • BT 3100

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                Shipping and Handling Gloat... done when you get free shipping on something.
                And the proper response to someone who posts a good gloat (S&H or otherwise) is YOU SUCK!!

That's a good thing. Honest.

g.
                Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                Bill & Ted

Comment

• poolhound
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2006
                  • Phoenix, AZ
                  • BT3100

Welcome to the Bt3 clan. I have quite a sock of T-nuts that I bought a while back but if I need another order I wonder if he will hand deliver to Phoenix?
                  Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                  techzibits.com

Comment

• bigstick509
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Macomb, MI, USA.
                    • BT3100

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• leehljp
                      Just me
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Tunica, MS
                      • BT3000/3100

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your saw and join in the discussions here.

Been to Folsom several times. I have a sister and BIL living there and an aunt in Sac. I make it there every 4 to 8 years. Love the Tahoe area west of you!
                      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Wood_workur
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2005
                        • Ohio
                        • Ryobi bt3100-1

welcome, and congrats on the shipping... though I think he might have done the same thing both times when I ordered mine.
                        Alex

Comment

• dbhost
                          Slow and steady
                          • Apr 2008
                          • League City, Texas
                          • Ryobi BT3100

Welcome to the forum. And that is some crazy good customer service there from those guys for sure!
                          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...