• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Microadjuster at Sears, $30

Just saw this, the Craftwsman version of the microadjuster is available at sears, for $29.99

For those of you that don't know, this fits BT3x, sears 21829, 22911 saws and mounts to the front rail and the rip fence allows micropositioning in marked 1/64th measures (or anywhere in between) for fine adjusting rip width.
    Works real well, hard to find these days.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...s&cName=&sName=
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • tropicaffair
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2003
    • Gloucester, MA, USA.

Loring,

Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to replace the Ryobi version I have for almost 2 years since I dropped it and broke the set screw. Thanks to you I have 2 replacements on the way.

Russ
    Russell

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

glad to help. It's one of the underrated BT3 accessories - really works well and not very expensive for what it does.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• linear
        • May 2004
        • DeSoto, KS, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

Can you buy it in store? After the drill press misadventure I'm not using sears.com again.
        --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

probably not available in the stores. They list it as an accessory for the 22811 which is long discontinued even tho it would work with the 21829

Just order it for store delivery, I've used it a lot for other items and it works well, just don't use it for items obviously mispriced and there'll be much fewer problems. saves shipping costs.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• JayStevans
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2007

Are two needed, one at each end? Or is one enough?

Comment

• smc331
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2003
              • Charlotte, NC, USA.
              • BT3100

One is all you need - unless you want a spare as a precaution against dropping it!
              Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

http://macbournes.com

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by smc331
                One is all you need - unless you want a spare as a precaution against dropping it!
                or need to beat the $49 for free shipping.
                (but shipping is essentially free if you have it shipped to a store for local pickup. Works great if you live or work near a participating store).

And IIRC its made of aluminum. dropping it will mar it some but won't break it.

Now, you might want two to have a left handed and a right handed one. (You can make the left-handed one from the stock righty one by taking off the jesus clip and reversing the side the knob is on) Some people like the left handed version so they can get a little more travel to the right on the rail. Works either way.
                Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-19-2007, 02:50 PM.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• williwatt
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Springfield, TN
                  • Sears 21829

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                  or need to beat the $49 for free shipping.
                  (but shipping is essentially free if you have it shipped to a store for local pickup. Works great if you live or work near a participating store).
                  How's come when I try to order this item on Sears.com for store pickup I get an "out of stock" message and the box that you check to select the store is "grayed out"? The only choice left is to order it for home delivery and pay shipping.

Comment

• kirkroy
                    Established Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • Brunswick, MD

They don't seem to be stocking them in the stores. Pick up in store only works for stocked merchandise.

Comment

• dkerfoot
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2004
                      • Holland, Michigan
                      • Craftsman 21829

I got one of these for my 21829 a couple months ago, based on Loring's recommendation. I like it very much. Occasionally it is a pain when I hit the end of the rail and need to pull it off, but that isn't a big deal.

Definitely more accurate than the old "bump" method. When I use it, I start thinking in terms of 1/64ths instead of "Just a hair" or perhaps a "smidgen."
                      Doug Kerfoot
                      "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
                      "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                      KeyLlama.com

Comment

• LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by dkerfoot
                        ... Occasionally it is a pain when I hit the end of the rail and need to pull it off, but that isn't a big deal.

that's why some poeple convert them to "left-handed" as I mentioned a couple of posts up but I think its awkward with the device on the left of the rip fence. Thanksfully its real easy to pull off, moreso if you leave off the little black end cap on the rail.
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• tropicaffair
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2003
                          • Gloucester, MA, USA.

I ordered two just in case I drop one and snap the tip off of the set screw (like I did on my first one). I also could not select this order for in store pickup but it qualified for free shipping. It arrived last Thursday. BTW, I only have one installed on the left side of the fence.
                          Russell

Comment

• Workman
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Feb 2006

I thought the price was high when I purchased the microadjuster. I now use it not only on my fence for my saw, but also on my router fence on my extended table. I built the router fence to clamp to the BT3100 fence. I cannot imagine doing without this item. It gives precise adjustment to less than 1/64th because you can adjust "between the lines". I've even considered how to use it on my band saw.

Comment

• John Hunter
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2004
                              • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                              • BT3000 & BT3100

I have had one for quite some time and love it.
                              John Hunter

Comment

Working...