• Show
Clear All
  • Iansaws
    Established Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Marietta, Ga
    • Ryobi BT3100

BT3100 extras needed

I am about to pick up my new BT3100 today and would like to know what accessories I should get for it. It is new and in the box off of Craigslist.org. I would like to be able to use it as a router table for my Craftsman router and I would like some casters on it as well. What do I need to do this things and where can I get them? Thanks
    I feel more like I do today than I did yesterday...
  • gwyneth
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Bayfield Co., WI

If you can get to a Home Depot, some of them still have the BT accesory kit, with router plate, casters, and more. There is a thread about this in the Bargain category.

Comment

• eezlock
      • Feb 2006
      • Charlotte,N.C.
      • BT3100

Bt accessories?

Originally posted by Iansaws
      I am about to pick up my new BT3100 today and would like to know what accessories I should get for it. It is new and in the box off of Craigslist.org. I would like to be able to use it as a router table for my Craftsman router and I would like some casters on it as well. What do I need to do this things and where can I get them? Thanks
      If I were you...I would buy a mobile base kit from woodcraft and make my own saw table base. It is a kit with four corners and casters installed,you cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to the size needed bolt on the corners to the plywood and set the saw on it and you are ready to go . As to the other
      parts to Ryobi's accessory kit....their casters and dust collector bag are just a waste of money, those casters don't work very well when it is time to move the saw.You have to lift the end of the saw high up to be able to move it around, not too easy to do. If they have the router mounting plate still in the kit...it is ok,you will have to drill new holes in it to accept a craftsman router, the stock holes are there for a Ryobi router and they don't line up with the craftsman router base plate, ( I know all this from experience...the hard way!) The dust bag is a way of collecting dust....not too good for chip collection, better off using a good shop vac. You might be able to buy a router mounting plate from someone on this forum or from
      komatost(e-bay site) and not buy all the other un-needed junk that comes in the kit. eezlock

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Originally posted by Iansaws
        I would like to be able to use it as a router table for my Craftsman router
        Thom2 has a jig saw mounting plate for sale. I believe this is actually identical to the router mounting plate as far as mounting it to the accessory table and opening size for the bit. You'd have to drill mounting holes for your router, as you'd likely have to do with a router mounting plate.

Check out this thread:
        http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=31675
        JR

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

You might want to PM me with your e-mail address for the BT3 FAQ which answers among many others, the questions you ask about accessories (there are a lot of DIY alternatives for most), and other users ask frequently.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...