• Show
Clear All
  • FL Buckeye
    Established Member
    • Aug 2005
    • WC Florida and Crossville, TN
    • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

BT3100 drive belts

I've been thinking about stocking a spare pair of drive belts for my BT3100. Priices have went up for parts since the BT was discontinued so I went to the Sears parts site and found belts for their 22811 model and the newest 21829 model. The 22811 belts are only $9.20 ea and the 21829 belts are $19.77 ea. Does anyone know if either of these belts would fit the BT3100? Or both? I had thought the drive was the same for both Sears saws.
    Lanny

The older you get, the better you used to be.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by FL Buckeye
    I've been thinking about stocking a spare pair of drive belts for my BT3100. Priices have went up for parts since the BT was discontinued so I went to the Sears parts site and found belts for their 22811 model and the newest 21829 model. The 22811 belts are only $9.20 ea and the 21829 belts are $19.77 ea. Does anyone know if either of these belts would fit the BT3100? Or both? I had thought the drive was the same for both Sears saws.
    I can't imagine there being any difference. Just the guys who program the computers/pricing at Sears haven't realized they're the same part, but one is for an out-of-production machine and the other is for a still-current machine.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• KomaToast
      Established Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

I've never been able to locate a part for anything on the Sears site.
      Where do you go and how do you find the part you need?

KT
      http://BT3000.com

http://TinyURL.com/Chene

Comment

• FL Buckeye
        Established Member
        • Aug 2005
        • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

Originally posted by KomaToast
        I've never been able to locate a part for anything on the Sears site.
        Where do you go and how do you find the part you need?

KT
        Just go to sears.com, click on the parts icon on the left, and enter the model number which is 315.21829000 for the newest model, 315.22811000 for BT3100 clone or 315.22185000 for what I think is the BT3000 clone. Then select the diagram for the area you want to look at, pick the item number out, go to the part# list and select quanity. When you go to check your cart you will see the prices. Only ordering one part is expensive for shipping so should order enough to make the shipping cost worthwhile. Only problem with the sears parts is I don't see that they sell parts like the router mounting plate, etc. But theres a lot of small parts that you won't find elsewhere. You could have a huge listing on eBay!
        Lanny

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by FL Buckeye
          Just go to sears.com, click on the parts icon on the left, and enter the model number which is 315.21829000 for the newest model, 315.22811000 for BT3100 clone or 315.22185000 for what I think is the BT3000 clone. Then select the diagram for the area you want to look at, pick the item number out, go to the part# list and select quanity. When you go to check your cart you will see the prices. Only ordering one part is expensive for shipping so should order enough to make the shipping cost worthwhile. Only problem with the sears parts is I don't see that they sell parts like the router mounting plate, etc. But theres a lot of small parts that you won't find elsewhere. You could have a huge listing on eBay!
          Actually both the 22811 and 22185 are more closely related to the BT3000. The 21829 would probably share the BT3100 shims, rail and rip fence designs. The latter two are slightly different, but will work with each other interchangeably; a knowledgeable BTer could tell the difference by looking.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• FL Buckeye
            Established Member
            • Aug 2005
            • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            Actually both the 22811 and 22185 are more closely related to the BT3000. The 21829 would probably share the BT3100 shims, rail and rip fence designs. The latter two are slightly different, but will work with each other interchangeably; a knowledgeable BTer could tell the difference by looking.
            I'll defer to your knowledge of these saws. I just noticed that the 22811 had the splayed leg stand that my BT3100 has, and the 22185 has the style of the BT3000, which I wish I had. I've only seen the one I own, and used to see at HD. Don't go to Sears much anymore. I was searching online for an accessary kit for a reasonable price when I thought of Sears. I did see that both of the older saws had the silver rails and didn't change to black.
            Lanny

Comment

• Tanzer
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2007

BT3000 Belts

Sears P# 662329-001 $9.20 ea.
              Also the wide table kit is available @ Sears under P# 4730300
              for $67.54 + $13.99 Shipping

Comment

• slick_rick

The sears belts work

I ordered the $9 sears belts last week and put them on today. They work just fine :-) Thanks for the tip, the local dealer HD reffered me to wanted $18 EACH + shipping!

Comment

• mrojec
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Aug 2006
                  • Englewood, CO
                  • Ryobi BT3000 (for now)

It may be worth checking availability at the local Sears Parts Store to save on the shipping charges, if you have one near you. Yesterday I got some parts for a garage door opener and saved $8 in shipping costs.
                  Mark

Comment

• FL Buckeye
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2005
                    • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

I used to be able to buy parts at the local Sears parts counter too, but the Sears stores in my area don't handle parts anymore. All parts have to be shipped from one of their distribution centers. So now I look for all suppliers online.

Thanks for the info, slick_rick, I also received my belts. Now to put them somewhere that I will remember where they are if I ever need them.
                    Lanny

Comment

• KomaToast
                      Established Member
                      • Aug 2003
                      • Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

Well I ordered some parts from the Sears site. One thing bad is they only allow you to purchase up to 12 different part numbers at a time. You can order multiples of each part number but are only allowed 12 at a time.
                      They tell you to complete the order and start over again with a second order which in turn results in additional shipping costs.

KT
                      http://BT3000.com

http://TinyURL.com/Chene

Comment

• JSCOOK
                        • Sep 2006
                        • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
                        • Ryobi BT3100-1

Originally posted by KomaToast
                        Well I ordered some parts from the Sears site. One thing bad is they only allow you to purchase up to 12 different part numbers at a time. You can order multiples of each part number but are only allowed 12 at a time.
                        They tell you to complete the order and start over again with a second order which in turn results in additional shipping costs.

KT
                        More than 12 items ... ah, more stuff to list on eBay I see in the near future
                        "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn". by C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...