• Show
Clear All
  • RickD1
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2006
    • Southern California
    • BT3100

siliconbauhaus,

I saw the on that RayintheUK did a while back. His design planed the seed for me doing this. I was hoping to find his design for studies but was unable. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

• tropicaffair
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2003
      • Gloucester, MA, USA.

Looks great!! A lot of time and effort spent with a successful result. I'm jealous because my Frankensaw is still on a temporary mobille base - same old song, not enough hours, days, weeks, space, etc.
      Attached Files
      Russell

Comment

• Wood_workur
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • Ohio
        • Ryobi bt3100-1

that looks really nice. If only I had the room...
        Alex

Comment

• RickD1
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2006
          • Southern California
          • BT3100

Frankensaw

WOW!

I've never seen a set up like that. One blade at a 90 the other at <90. Can probably make life easy on some projects. One saw set up with a regular blade the other a dado. HMMMM, the hamster is burning up the tread wheel.

I have been plugging away that things here. They are coming along slowly. I got the plenum under the saw cut, put together, and put in place. Got the DC hooked up for a test and everything works well. I still haven't decided on drawers or just doors. That will be the next part of the project.

Comment

• RickD1
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2006
            • Southern California
            • BT3100

dust collection

Here are some views of the dust collection system I have come up with.

The first one is downward view with the saw flipped up.

The second is a side view. I used a piece of lexan for the side so I could keep an eye on things in there.

The third is another view from the top down.

The fourth is a view of how all of the dust collection ducting fits.

The fifth is a side view opposite the side with the lexan.
            Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by siliconbauhaus
              I was under the opinion that the bt3k was a semi sealed blade assembly, and that most of the crap went into the casing for the blade?
              Have you cleaned out the underside of your saw lately? you'd see it!

Here's my solution for DC under the saw:
              I did not clean the saw prior to the pic, all the cleaning is due to the DC, the only dust you can see is the little bit that was trapped in the webbing at the front of the blade shroud.
              Attached Files
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lrogers
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Mobile, AL. USA.
                • BT3000

What you've done so far is great, but after you use it for a while, you'll be saying, "why did I do that; if only I'd done this; why didn't I think of that earlier"
                When I built mine, I studied, thought, engineered, play what if games, but still ended up with all the above questions!

Don't get me wrong, you'll love using it, as I do, but the quest to make it "better" will go on and on!

Use it, love it, change it, post more pics!!!!!!
                Larry R. Rogers
                The Samurai Wood Butcher
                http://splash54.multiply.com
                http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                  • BT3100

after reading all these post and looking at pictures, it makes me feel like i do nothing. i need to get back into my shop and solve my bench problem! your table looks great and seems like you are really thinking it out. let us know how it all works out after doing a project. right now i am tempted to leave my bt on its original stand and build a seperate mobile work bench, but i cant decide.

loring: you set up catches dust in the bottom, but does some of it escape from the opening at the back for the 45 degree slot? do you have a collection port over the blade guard aswell (that would be three points of collection, right?)?

regards,

Comment

Working...